Hyundai Genesis vs my Lightning

Buckachow

KACHOW
Established Member
Had a Hyundai genesis take off aggressively at the light so I played with him until the next light which was less than a 1/8 mile away. We stopped at the next light and said "you almost caught me. That's not bad for a truck". I said thanks, but its faster than that. He laughed and said "ok. Lets see what you can do to the next light."
Which is Just over 1/4 mile away. So the light went green and I launched pretty good on my nitto nt05s and pulled a quick car ahead. Then continued to pull away until I let out if it to slow for the next light.

I was surprised how the lil Hyundai performed. But I think the Hyundai owner was a bit more surprised. He didn't even look over at me at the light after I beat him.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
A lightning is one vehicle you don't want to **** with from a dig. Mine would rip ass off the line.

03 deadpool

Established Member
A lightning strikes another good kill , i have had more fun in my buddies lightning looking at peoples faces when a truck pulls away from them and they get that oh we just been had look.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Was it a coupe or sedan? Coupe turbo-4 has 210-275hp, V6 has 306-348hp (depending on year). Only the sedan gets the V8, 429hp in "R-spec". But remember, those are Korean horses, which are smaller than American and European horses. :p

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
Only the sedan gets the V8, 429hp in "R-spec". But remember, those are Korean horses, which are smaller than American and European horses. :p

Lol! :lol1:

Good kill OP!
It was probably a 4.6 if it was a sedan.

The 5.0 429hp R-Spec sedan is no slouch.
It does 0-60 mph in 5.1 seconds and a quarter mile in 13.3 seconds at 107.1 mph.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I always thought lightnings spun from a dig because they're trucks. Good kill op.

everyone seems to think they have zero weight over the real wheels, while theyre definitely nose heavy theyre 5000lb trucks, they still have a good amount of weight over the rear wheels.

learn how to roll into it and they can get off the line in a hurry, even on street tires

this makes me miss my lightning

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Good kill! My buddy has a turbo-4 Genesis, even at 15psi with cai/bov its pretty weak lol. I suspect this was a higher-hp v6 model or it was modded for sure!

kona12

Established Member
Nice kill! Aren't the v-8 ones around 400 hp?
Nice kill, the V8 was only offered on the sedan, the coupes come 3.5 or 2.0 turbo, would be a killer if their coupe came with the V8, plus some of these new generation of modern car people have no idea of what a lightning is lolz , they just look at it as a pickup. little do they know what they possess

Last edited:

rockinrhodes

IsThereSomethinInMyTeeth
Established Member
Nice kill! I don't see many L's around here so it's nice to hear about 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread