Hydaraulic jacks in the floor?

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
Since I don't have enough headroom for a lift, I want to install four hydraulic jacks in my garage floor which would come up under my subframe connectors and raise the car 24" or so. Does anyone know of a system like this that is comercially available? If not, I'll have to make it myself.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
How about a Scissor Lift?

91315.gif

Last edited:

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
The problem with that is it blocks off access under the car. I want something that lifts where you would put 4 jack stands.

RacerDan

Established Member
:banana: do it indy car style and mount up 4 air cylinders under the car, pull in garage and insert an air hose and up goes the car. :banana:

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
RacerDan said:
:banana: do it indy car style and mount up 4 air cylinders under the car, pull in garage and insert an air hose and up goes the car. :banana:
Hey now. That's a good idea!

TenthScale

Established Member
Hate to say this but TECHNICIALLY it would be illegal in cali.

Even notice how you never see a dyno or lift that is subground mounted in Cali where its common elsewhere.

Its illegal to bury any hydrolics in Cali :(

Add that to the list of cali tardness

optx002

Established Member
TenthScale said:
Hate to say this but TECHNICIALLY it would be illegal in cali.

Even notice how you never see a dyno or lift that is subground mounted in Cali where its common elsewhere.

Its illegal to bury any hydrolics in Cali :(

Add that to the list of cali tardness

are you sure of this? i know of a shop that i go to often that has the 1 big hydraulic cylinder that comes up from below the ground. :shrug:

TenthScale

Established Member
optx002 said:
are you sure of this? i know of a shop that i go to often that has the 1 big hydraulic cylinder that comes up from below the ground. :shrug:

I know for a fact as it changed like 4 years ago and alot of shops had to change their setups..

Like I said notice how dynos are always on a lift here and in the floor everywhere else.

TEABG

Banned
TenthScale said:
I know for a fact as it changed like 4 years ago and alot of shops had to change their setups..

Like I said notice how dynos are always on a lift here and in the floor everywhere else.

NOT IN SOCAL !

Users who are viewing this thread