Hurst Mach 1 Project

Dylan Nelson

Established Member
Hey everyone. I recently decided to buy my first car. Now I've always had a place in my heart for new edge because my best friend had a 2004 yellow GT (manual, of course) But a GT wasn't enough. So, my eyes set on a 2004 Black Mach 1. I've always love cars but even more than that, I've loved custom cars. Not so much hot rods and chopped up cars, but daily drivers. Cars that look sweet, drive well and have a little something under the hood. So as my first "build" I thought why not go with a classic company on a new school car. Basically all I wanted to do would be a Hurst short throw shifter and a set of Hurst wheels. I love the look of the wheels on the car and think it would be a cool project for my first car. Not too much but enough to make it mine. So I was wondering I guess what everyone thinks and if anyone has a Hurst shifter in their new edge GT/Mach 1?

Best Wishes,
-Dylan

4a7191a

Established Member
I had the Hurst short throw in my old cobra. It was a pretty sweet piece. Shifted just as good as my steeda does in the current mach1.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Cool old school mod Dylan. It is a throw back to the old 70 Mach1s that came with Hurst T handle shifters.

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
I have a Steeda triax shifter with a satin Hurst handle from an S197 and a black Hurst ball. I think it looks killer with the old school Mach 1 look. I've actually thought about getting a Hurst equipped badge for the rear for on the honeycomb panel but I figured it would be too much.
cc43dc388f5e5685bf147f0f67d49960.jpg

Last edited:

BLKFOX

Established Member
I have a Steeda triax shifter with a satin Hurst handle from an S197 and a black Hurst ball. I think it looks killer with the old school Mach 1 look. I've actually thought about getting a Hurst equipped badge for the rear for on the honeycomb panel but I figured it would be too much.
cc43dc388f5e5685bf147f0f67d49960.jpg

That looks sweet! I was looking into doing something like that a while back but I ended up changing plans and put an MGW in mine.

Evil_Capri

Here is my Steeda/Hurst setup. I enjoy it much better since I switched to the S197 (a number of years ago) stick as well . . . (Boot is from an old F100/Bronco that is NOS.)

Attachments

• machshifter.jpg
    machshifter.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
Here is my Steeda/Hurst setup. I enjoy it much better since I switched to the S197 (a number of years ago) stick as well . . . (Boot is from an old F100/Bronco that is NOS.)

Looks good. How hard was it to adapt the rubber boot? What year Ford is the boot from or a link where you got it? I wouldn't mind running one for a while.

Evil_Capri

Looks good. How hard was it to adapt the rubber boot? What year Ford is the boot from or a link where you got it? I wouldn't mind running one for a while.

Boot fits perfect, no adjustment required. I believe I ordered it from coloradomustang.com a number of years ago. The Ford part number is D5TZ-7277-A. Not sure who, if anyone, is selling them nowadays.

EDIT: This link states they have them in stock . . . http://www.nospartsltd.com/product-p/d5tz7277a.htm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread