EditorTurner

Established Member
0-Hurst-Kenne-Bell-2016-Mustang-Featured.jpg

Gold Standard
Hurst and Kenne Bell join forces on a turnkey, 750-horsepower Mustang
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Ken Latka/Television Motion Picture Car Club

Performance West Group is the builder of limited runs of Mustangs and other performance vehicles that wear the Hurst brand. This year, the company is offering Mustangs fitted with a Kenne Bell supercharger that delivers 750 horsepower!

“We have been building all the Hurst cars for several years,” Larry Weiner, President of Performance West Group, told us. “This is the first time we have actually co-branded it with Hurst and Kenne Bell as a limited-production vehicle.”

As it turns out, these vehicles weren’t scheduled to break cover until this November, but because of a commitment to have them appear at the Television Motion Picture Car Club’s annual July 4th show, the world got an early peek at the cars.

“Introducing the world's first Hurst Kenne Bell R-Type Supercharged Mustang GT putting out 750 horsepower in the beautiful Hurst color combination of white and gold,” Ken Latka of TMPCC said on social media. “These are the very first pictures of the car as it was rolled out of the trailer at the show.”

Normally there would be a big promotional splash with a new vehicle like this, but Larry revealed the car early for this special show. “I promised Ken that we would have it at the show and we did,” he said of the car’s debut.

Because the white and gold Mustang was so well received at the show there wasn’t time for much in the way of an official announcement. Don’t fret though, we will deliver the complete details on these vehicles in the near future, so stay tuned. Suffice it to say, however, these unique Mustangs are upgraded with a host of products from the Hurst Performance Group, including Hurst shifters and Flowmaster exhaust. The headliner, of course, is that Kenne Bell twin-screw supercharger.

Despite its informal release, orders have started rolling in since Hurst/Kenne Bell Mustang’s Independence Day reveal. So, with only 50 of these Mustangs made available this year, you might want to give Performance West Group a shout if you are interested in one.

1-Hurst-Kenne-Bell-2016-Mustang.jpg

Once a year the CBS Televison Studios opens its lot for the annual Television Motion Picture Car Club show, which is open to about 60 vehicles but also allows attendees to tour the storied television production lot. It definitely sounds like a must-attend show if you are in the SoCal area next July. This year the show saw the public debut of the new Hurst/Kenne Bell 2017 Mustang.

noldevin

Established Member
So now you can heat soak, break your shifter while getting locked out of 3rd, and look gaudy all at the same time? Sweet!

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
As long as Ford continues to market low hp offerings, aftermarket shops, ( Shelby, Roush, Petty, Hurst ), will fill that void.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Change the hood to a cowl, lose the rear wing and front splitter and then maybe I'd be okay driving it. Otherwise, not my taste.

wjfawb0

Established Member
I'm not a fan of big chrome and crazy hoods unless it's some type of functional item that's needed for a purpose. I like under-stated. I want my 2015 dirty white mustang to blend in and look normal. I remember buying my 02 GT Mustang at a dealer that sold Saleen mustangs. Their inside showrrom had a couple Saleens right next to three or so terminators. People were drooling all over the S281s while I was admiring the terminators. Ultimately less than two years later I bought a terminator new from another dealer when they first offered rebates on SVT vehicles in 2003. Body kits and graphics don't do anything for me compared to forged internals and roots blowers...

BMR Tech

Interesting....

Not my cup of tea, but I am sure there will be 3-4 people out there who sign up for it.

Users who are viewing this thread