HPP or THP turbo header question?

04cobrawhine

Established Member
How long ago did you install the kit?

Did you purchase it brand new?

Have you returned the headers to HPP? There is a fix for it.

Also, are you using the turbo support brackets that bolt to the timing cover?

The kit was bought in 08 and I brought it on the car in 2010. That set cracked in 2011 and then another set cracked again in a different spot a year later. And yes I am using the support brackets. They didn't tell me about any fix for it.

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
yeah Ive been looking at CG Fabrication but with their forward facing headers you either have to delete a/c compressor or delete sway bar. None of which I want to remove. Their headers look real nice though.

it's going to be difficult to package all of what you want into the engine bay and keep your sway bar, i haven't run mine in about 5 years, 3 different turbo setups and drives like stock.

Jerry03cobra

Established Member
do you mind posting pics for me Jerry? Cant wait to get that sullivan intake put to use I bought from you. Just sent my heads out to be ported.

Here are a few picture's that i have right now.

IMG_0481_zpsdd889938.jpg

IMG_0480_zps83fb739d.jpg

61's ball bearing turbos
IMG_0450_zpsfd094096.jpg

Some of the piping

IMG_0435_zps0b0e2950.gif

It all so come with the K-member A-Arms and coil overs

Here is the Link.
http://www.turbohorsepower.com/

Last edited:

Jerry03cobra

Established Member
wow, that is awesome it hear! Glad they are still around. There turbo kit, does it come with all the suspension mods? tubular k-member and so on?

I know with hpp, its not included. crazy expensive kit. I know HP went out of business, but there kit wasn't that bad. I know people bad mouth them, but my friend aj has there newer kit before they went out of business on his 04 cobra, and the car goes mid 8's at 165+mph. I think he went faster but haven't spoken to him in a while. no fitment issues, kit looked solid and clean

Yes...

z28misfit

Established Member
it's going to be difficult to package all of what you want into the engine bay and keep your sway bar, i haven't run mine in about 5 years, 3 different turbo setups and drives like stock.

yeah I do realize its gonna be quite tough. I think both the HPP and THP kits keep both a/c and sway bar? Both kits are twin turbo setups so Im thinking it should be possible to do the same with a single setup? I just really like the idea of keeping everything on the car. I had a removed sway bar on my 99z28 and qa1 coilovers with drag springs in the front. Car drove great in a straight line but you hit back roads to fast or turns and you could feel the car didnt handle too well anymore. Im just trying to do my best to not make my cobra handle like crap thats all. Plus the a/c is nice to have at times as well. What setups have you been through?

I8URLS1

Established Member
Here are a few picture's that i have right now.

IMG_0481_zpsdd889938.jpg

IMG_0480_zps83fb739d.jpg

Did you upgrade to the 3.5'' intercooler as well? I have the same kit but for a 2v. Upgraded 3.5'' intercooler and I ended up going to Precision 6262s.

Car is starting to go together next week

Jerry03cobra

Established Member
Did you upgrade to the 3.5'' intercooler as well? I have the same kit but for a 2v. Upgraded 3.5'' intercooler and I ended up going to Precision 6262s.

Car is starting to go together next week

Yes i got the bigger intercooler and i ended up using twin Garrett. Mine should be ready in about mouth or so.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
The THP kit retains the A/C, however it looks real tough to get the sway bar in. Honestly I didn't even bother with it, I want the weight transfer with it out when I mash the gas. I don't have any plans to go fast around corners.

z28misfit

Established Member
The THP kit retains the A/C, however it looks real tough to get the sway bar in. Honestly I didn't even bother with it, I want the weight transfer with it out when I mash the gas. I don't have any plans to go fast around corners.

I dont have plans either of hitting turns real fast but I just want to keep the sway bar on. If my intentions were to only drag race then I would have no problem yanking it off. My goal is to build a car that makes really decent power and still doesnt sacrifice a whole lot of handling. I already have an SRA and would like to eventually find an IRS to build up and put one back in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread