HP Difference between VMP TVS kit and Roush kit

92fiveohfox

Established Member
What HP difference is expected between the standard Roush kit with a JLT and the an 82mm pulley and the VMP Stage 1 kit with an 82mm pulley? I'm trying to decide between the two, and haven't seen any posts about the HP difference from having the ported blower/inlet.

Joey8

Established Member
Get the vmp kit. It comes with a badass dual fan heat exchanger and the ported elbow. That in it alone is worth it. Plus you get the tuning of Justin Starkey, one of the best in the business.

Idk how much power difference you'll see but I'm sure you'll make more with the vmp due to the elbow design

RC-5.0

Established Member
Since the VMP is the Roush, the HP will be very close with the same 82 pulley. The VMP has it's advantages in the ported inlet (some HP gains), the flexibility in the pulley sizes and the extra options (such as the AFCO larger cooler...which IS an extra charge). Aside from the that, the power is in the tuning...With my mods (see sig) I could easily be 20-30 more HP with a more aggressive tune..I chose to have a safe tune. I had KenB via John Lund tune mine, but I would have NO reservations getting the VMP and Justin's tune!
RC

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Get the vmp kit. It comes with a badass dual fan heat exchanger and the ported elbow. That in it alone is worth it. Plus you get the tuning of Justin Starkey, one of the best in the business.

Idk how much power difference you'll see but I'm sure you'll make more with the vmp due to the elbow design

Yes I know the difference in the Roush and the VMP kit. I'd like to see some power #s or claims from the porting.

RC-5.0

Established Member
Yes I know the difference in the Roush and the VMP kit. I'd like to see some power #s or claims from the porting.

I posted my numbers, but you'll probably have a hard time finding a direct comparison with the same tune. I know Justin was one of the First to put a Roush in the New a few years back...he may chime in with results from direct comparison
RC

Users who are viewing this thread