How to you enjoy your Cobra?

Frank Dux

Established Member
After driving the car today for the first time in 6 months I realized something. It is impossible to truly enjoy this car on the streets. I am sure we all drive like jackasses from time to time if not all the time but lets be realistic, most of the time i seem to be driving the car at about 3/10s of its potential. Track days would obviously be a different story.

Am I alone on this?

mrose75

Established Member
No, I agree with you 100%. It's hard to not drive like a complete jackass in these cars. I do it by rolling the windows down, listens to the exhaust note rather than the radio. And from time to time get into boost, let it snap my neck back, while a sh!t eating grins grows across my face and the blower whines. Sadly, mine is in Texas and I recently moved to WA, so I haven't enjoyed it in about 4 months.

peckshelby

Everything Can Be Fixed
Established Member
I feel the same to a certain extent. Having the convertible allows me to enjoy cruising like I never could with my other cars. I just look for the right time and place to drive it like hell for a bit and that satisfies the urge. Early morning Saturday or Sunday "excursions" to the rural areas in Oklahoma provide a lot of opportunities to "blow out the cobwebs". I really felt this way about my C6 Z06 'vette. I never felt like I even came close to the full potential of that beast! It was more like a race car than the Cobra.

divided

Established Member
Totally agree. I rarely went WOT, especially in town. It just got too quick too fast.
Also not worth the consequences of getting caught and kinda hard to be 'low key' when WOT in the cobra.

Last edited:

Frank Dux

Established Member
To be perfectly honest, I love the whine of the blower so I prefer to be in boost often. Not a great combination with the local roads.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
call me slow..but idnt get his user name..??? and soon i will have a whine like you guys...my kenne bell is on its way!!!

svtcharged

svtcharged
Established Member
Boy i thought it was just me. I am beggining to think the police secretly placed a gps on my car somewhere. It must be wired to engage when in boost because they are lighting me up with tickets left and right. It aint even fun anymore and i am tired of the police hounding me so i currently am selling mine on here. I personally think they r just jealous because they know i would blow there f-ing doors off their "Z06 High Pursuit Chase Car" dam assholes. I wish they would make a deal with me if i win i get immunity if they win they can have my car!:shrug: Sorry just venting and dreaming:rockon:

boduke0220

Established Member
I have a Mach, with hopefully an eaton soon, but i recently took a ride in my friends new pullied 04 and we did a good 10 second burst of WOT and we were going well over 100 and it felt like that thing was going to rip the payment up.

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
I find myself dropping the top, dark windows up and just cruising. While I do like jumping on the highway and opening her up, I find myself just driving the speed limit because I know my car is fast. I know everyone expects me to drive it fast all the time, but thats rarely the case. I think of my car as a luxury/sport car. I feel fly when its clean and I'm just cruising the streets and I feel like I'm in a jet when someone wants to "go!"

I love this damn car.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
That's the main reason I can't daily drive my car..I end up getting in too much trouble. I normally drive it to work a few times a month when the weather is pretty and I always end up doing something stupid in the process. Haven't been caught...yet but I know my time is coming.

Like was stated above, nothing quite like dropping the top and cruising through town knowing the majority of the hot shots around wouldn't have a chance.

dan04gt

Behind Enemy Lines
Established Member
Boy i thought it was just me. I am beggining to think the police secretly placed a gps on my car somewhere. It must be wired to engage when in boost because they are lighting me up with tickets left and right. It aint even fun anymore and i am tired of the police hounding me so i currently am selling mine on here.:rockon:

Imo most cobra owners do have a sort of a GPS, its called a loud exhaust!!!!

I drive fast all the time, if I'm driving I'm speeding, and I never get tickets.My car is even torch red! But my car is quiet, Loud exhaust is like a magnet for cops.

wjk

Established Member
For the past 5 years I've had 2 fox GTs and now this 2005 GT and I even feel like i'm not using these cars to their full potential. Worst part is I live in Orange County and all there is is coppers waiting at every light to give you a ticket. The only times I feel like I have a chance to open them up is when getting on the freeway or the occasional street which runs along the train tracks. I can't even imagine what it must be like in an 03,04 Cobra! Hopefully I will get to experience this once I sell my GT!

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
Frank Dux is the person that the movie Bloodsport was based on who Van Damme plays in it...

"You are next"

chong_points.gif

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I pretty much agree with everything already posted.About the only place I can really get on it is getting on and off the Interstate.That being said,it`s still a frigging blast to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread