How to tell your friend you just blew his GTR's $20k Transmission

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
It kinda does seem like you had it in manual mode... Good thing you have a nice buddy... Some other guy might have cut your nuts off and chucked them like dice!

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
It kinda does seem like you had it in manual mode... Good thing you have a nice buddy... Some other guy might have cut your nuts off and chucked them like dice!

ESPECIALLY in vegas lol.

If it were in manual mode, it would have stayed in gear when I let off the gas. You would have heard it down rev and it would have been very apparent it was still in first gear.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
ESPECIALLY in vegas lol.

If it were in manual mode, it would have stayed in gear when I let off the gas. You would have heard it down rev and it would have been very apparent it was still in first gear.

You can hear it rev down. Right up to the point that you can also hear you click the paddle to upshift to 2nd gear and it quiets down. Car was in manual trans mode. Keep denying it all you want. I'm done here.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
So, you're saying it missed a gear...yet, it's rev limiting sky high. Did it go into Neutral then? What email tune do you use? Neutral is rev limited usually & it sounds like you're tacking some pretty high rpms there to have it only in neutral, unless of course they bumped the neutral/park rev limiter up. It seems to stay in one gear that entire time, until you hear the paddle shift.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Guarantee the car was in manual mode and race mode. You pegged the limiter and got freaked and didn't shift. You know that by now. Relax. It's a learning point so when you actually get your gtr you can Drive it properly

You're not mad at me you're mad at your dad, I forgive you
---big daddy

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Guarantee the car was in manual mode and race mode. You pegged the limiter and got freaked and didn't shift. You know that by now. Relax. It's a learning point so when you actually get your gtr you can Drive it properly

You're not mad at me you're mad at your dad, I forgive you
---big daddy

Na, that's cool. It's possible it got into manual mode somehow- but eaRico dude was saying it wasn't in 2 R which it was, so he should have known (if) the car will go into manual with 2R and the shift selector in manual lol

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
From a neutral point of view (I dont know what 2R and 3R modes are), it sounds like you thought it was in auto mode but was actually in manual mode and bounced it off the limiter. You can hear it bounce and then you flip the paddles a couple times because you realized it.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
From a neutral point of view (I dont know what 2R and 3R modes are), it sounds like you thought it was in auto mode but was actually in manual mode and bounced it off the limiter. You can hear it bounce and then you flip the paddles a couple times because you realized it.

Yeah, watch this video I made- each R switch you activate changes settings. I did 2 of them (the outside buttons) so it had 2 Rs selected, just not doing the middle one which is suspension. The car should still automatically shift unless the shifter selector was pushed into manual (from what it sounds like) so I was calling BS saying I didn't have it in 1 R, but it's possible the shifter was over in manual. It honestly didn't feel that way as I was driving around in the Pitts, and I had no reason to be in manual mode, so still possible it was a malfunction of some sort

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Na, that's cool. It's possible it got into manual mode somehow- but eaRico dude was saying it wasn't in 2 R which it was, so he should have known (if) the car will go into manual with 2R and the shift selector in manual lol

Show me where I said that. I'll wait.

I suggest you reread post #21 and #25 again. Have someone explain it to you if you don't understand.

Users who are viewing this thread