How to tell Blower is ported or not?

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
Ok guys, so a friend of mine is looking at picking up a black 03 vert and called and asked me how he could tell if the blower is ported. Im pretty mechanically inclined and found myself lost for words to come up with a good answer for him. Car has a 2.76 upper pulley. He stated the owner ''Said'' it was ported, and put down OVER 500rwhp, but here is the catch....the car is on a completely stock fuel system (from what I can see). No BAP, stock injectors, and even a stock MAF. The car pulls extremely hard and sounds great. I told him more then likely its not ported but I have seen some cars running ported blowers on stock fuel equipment making decent numbers.

So what do you guys think?, is there a way to tell if its ported by sound, idle, etc?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Depends on who he said ported it. I know Steggy puts a serial number under the snout. I don't know about the other places.

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
ill have him check under the snout for sure, also the driver side of the blower has no bracket or solenoids, I found that weird also, but again runs strong..

DEADLY FORCE

Established Member
Take off the throttle body and shine a light into the elbow. You can tell if it's ported with a brushed look to the aluminum or it will look like aluminum cast and rough if it's not ported. I will say the numbers it's putting down, sounds like it is ported.

Users who are viewing this thread