how to run 11's with a gt??

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
JayC said:
Damn, I can't believe all the mis-information in this thread. My 01 2V GT ran [email protected] on a NX 100 shot at Bowling Green last weekend. Trey193 and Wuplash were both there and saw it happen. I was on BFG DR's at 3400# and pulled a 1.605 60'.

Jay

you must have one hell of a suspension :dw:

wiz

your daddy!!!
Established Member
why is this so hard to believe? i went 12.45 on all motor in my 03gt on slicks drag suspension and bolt ons. with a 100 shot i would have been mid 11's no question!

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
wiz said:
why is this so hard to believe? i went 12.45 on all motor in my 03gt on slicks drag suspension and bolt ons. with a 100 shot i would have been mid 11's no question!

but would your clutch, tranny, and rearend hold up?

JSHTROD

Established Member
I'm thinking some of these COBRA guys are getting butthurt over how easy it is to make GT's quick.

:rollseyes

wiz

your daddy!!!
Established Member
11secCobra said:
but would your clutch, tranny, and rearend hold up?
i had an eaton posi with moser axles (31 spline) and svo girdle. it had a bunch off slicks passes on it. the stock clutch was going strong as well.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
Sephiroth said:
Notice this forum says Mustangs? :bored:
I just get a kick out of all the Cobra guys shit talking a car that 'cant be fast'. Unless you put a million dollars in it.

I don't think you need to put a million dollars into a car to make it fast. I put >800 dollars into mine an I ran a 12.2 with it, no nitrous, on the stock Goodyears.

I notice it says Mustang, but since all the "nutswingers" bother you so much, why put yourself through it?

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
Ponygirlracing said:
I agree I don't want to blow up anything. So far I have got 3:73 gears K&N filter Bassani o/r x, and a flowmaster cat-back. I really don't want the flowmaster any more does anyone else hate chambered exhaust??? LOL I did all of this before I got the 3000 so I still have some to spend. I would like a blower. I don't plan on running 11's with just the 3000 I just want to get as close as I can! Thanks for all the help though.

If you want to get a blower eventually, and have to spend the money, why don't you get a set of headers, X-pipe and catback (I have an SLP catback and it's too loud IMO). I think the 3.73 is a good gear choice for a daily driver. Lay off of the spray, it's fun, but you will get addicted and it will run out when you want it. Lay off of a ton of intake mods, maybe just a CAI right now. A Bullit intake would be nice. A set of DR's would be good too. See how fast you can go like this and then cough up the dough for the blower. I used to have a turbocharged 90 conv. and that was great, but unreliable. Good luck.

JayC

Established Member
Here's the complete mod list.....note the lack of expensive mods...well thought out, simple but effective :-D As I stated Trey193 and Whuplash both were present and neither were surprised.....they know the car and the driver well :thumbsup:

Engine:
NX 100 Shot
NX/MSD window switch
Modular Depot Tune (SCT Flasher) N/A & N2O tunes
Steeda Pullies
K&N w/ no airbox and right headlight pulled at track
Denscharger MAF to TB only
MAC o/r x-pipe
Welded in Flowmaster 40's mufflers

Drivetrain:
FRPP 4.10's
UPR shifter
King Cobra clutch
Axle tubes welded
FRPP 31 spline T-Lock
Moser Axles

Suspension:
Fox-body 4cyl springs (cut) up front w/ Lakewood 90/10 struts
Fox-body V8 springs (cut) w/ Monroe Sensi-tracs out back
Airbag in RR spring
No front swaybar
UPR sub-frame connectors
Steeda 4600 Lower Control Arms
Torque boxes welded
No quad shocks

Wheels/tires
Front - 165x15 on 15x4 Telstars
Rear - 275x50x15 BFG DR's on 15x8.5 AutoDrags

Jay

JayC

Established Member
poopnut2 said:
12.9 with 4.10's and drag radials? Then going down 1.5 seconds with a 100 shot? I'm not calling you a liar, but...you're a liar.
Hey asshole.....a smilie after calling me a liar would have been nice :D See isn't that better :thumbsup:

Jay

01gt4.6

Established Member
BADASS03SVT said:
so a TOTALLY STOCK GT with 100 shot and 400rwhp....i call BS BIG time....and i NEVER do that
I heard my car poped up at this site so I had to check it out. That is my car and was Dynoed at Gerhardts Performance in Baton Rouge Louisiana on a mustang dyno. Tim (the owner) there will vouch for me, let me know if you want their phone #. I called NX because I could not belive it myself. I shipped them the jets for inspection and I had infact the right jets. My car ran a 12.06 @ 112 in less than perfect conditions with a less than perfect driver. I granny shift my car because I can not afford to beat her up. She has 92,000 miles and it is a commuter by all means.
I will say this though, I took the car to the track 1 time on the 150 shot and ran slower than the 100 shot. I had traction problems even with slicks (1.8x), but the car did pull harder on the 100 than 150. Maybe it's becuase my car has too many stock parts to get the most out of the 150.... who knows.

TCR98TAWS6

01gt4.6 said:
I heard my car poped up at this site so I had to check it out. That is my car and was Dynoed at Gerhardts Performance in Baton Rouge Louisiana on a mustang dyno. Tim (the owner) there will vouch for me, let me know if you want their phone #. I called NX because I could not belive it myself. I shipped them the jets for inspection and I had infact the right jets. My car ran a 12.06 @ 112 in less than perfect conditions with a less than perfect driver. I granny shift my car because I can not afford to beat her up. She has 92,000 miles and it is a commuter by all means.
I will say this though, I took the car to the track 1 time on the 150 shot and ran slower than the 100 shot. I had traction problems even with slicks (1.8x), but the car did pull harder on the 100 than 150. Maybe it's becuase my car has too many stock parts to get the most out of the 150.... who knows.

This vehicle was tested for horsepower on our 1,750 Horsepower MD1750 Dyno. The dyno was approximately 6 months old and in perfect calibration when his Mustang was tested. Now I cannot vouch for any internal mods, because we did not disassemble the engine, but the owner did state it was stock, except for the nitrous system. And I did not look at the jetting of the nitrous system, but he did lay down 393 RWHP on the spray. Keep in mind these numbers were in an uncorrected mode, and the factor that particular day was .945. This would indicate a corrected factor of @ 375 RWHP.
Tim
Gerhardt Performance Center

Last edited:

01gt4.6

Established Member
TCR98TAWS6 said:
This vehicle was tested for horsepower on our 1,750 Horsepower MD1750 Dyno. The dyno was approximately 6 months old and in perfect calibration when his Mustang was tested. Now I cannot vouch for any internal mods, because we did not disassemble the engine, but the owner did state it was stock, except for the nitrous system. And I did not look at the jetting of the nitrous system, but he did lay down 393 RWHP on the spray. Keep in mind these numbers were in an uncorrected mode, and the factor that particular day was .945. This would indicate a corrected factor of @ 375 RWHP.
Tim
Gerhardt Performance Center
thank you Tim.

bamf70

Established Member
poopnut2 said:
This was taken from another forum from some guy saying he beat the shit out of an 03' cobra if I remember right. The guy is full of shit.

Mike's close to New Orleans, I'm sure he'd drive part way to DFW to show you how full of shit he is. Of course you might need to put a little $ where you awefully ignorant mouth is. Internet shit talking is fine, want to step up and find out or hide behind your monitor like a toughguy?

01gt4.6

Established Member
bamf70 said:
Mike's close to New Orleans, I'm sure he'd drive part way to DFW to show you how full of shit he is. Of course you might need to put a little $ where you awefully ignorant mouth is. Internet shit talking is fine, want to step up and find out or hide behind your monitor like a toughguy?
yep, I never said I can beat all 03+ cobras, just the ones I've ran acrossed. BTW most 03 + cobras around here run 12.6-13.0's. I don't have much problem with them.
And yes, I am up for any challenge, so anyone who wants to pay for a dyno and engine tear down, my car is your guinnea pig... bring it. I will donate my car if you put the $$ up for the costs. I have nothing to prove to myself, I have been there/ done that. Put up or shut up!

01gt4.6

Established Member
bamf70 said:
bamf.T :lol:

01gt4.6

Established Member
poopnut2, do you wanna take me up on this offer? I'm sure Tim will dyno it again and you can someone who you chose to do the teardown, it all depends if you really want to know or would rather sit at your computer and call BS on someone like me who had not a ****ing thing to do with the thread or site until brought to it. well... are you game? My car is your guinnea pig as I said before. I just hope you have more than lint in your pockets.

Sephiroth

Established Member
kneedragger said:
I notice it says Mustang, but since all the "nutswingers" bother you so much, why put yourself through it?

I like you guys, some funny stuff.
Small penis syndrome at its finest. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread