How to report dealership for "Joy Riding"

505BB

Smoke em if ya got em
Established Member
I would first go to the service manager make a big scene and then tell him that you will give hima horrible review in the SVT survey, even if you already filled it out he doesnt have to know that. Then tell him if you have something done (i.e. Kid fired + you get his pay check, or Extended warrenty) that you will take it to the district head, etc... Dont act like a loony bin, just be serious, calm and extremly stubborn and they will have to listen. Dont leave the dealer until they do something. If calm doesnt work, talk nice and LOUD.
Oh yes, if you actually take it there for anything again, you should write "NO TEST DRIVE" on the windsheild in those pens they use to write the #'s at tracks or on the windsheilds for prices of used cars, etc... but just so its very obvious and that they wont make that mistake again. There is no reason for 5.5 mile test drive after an oil change

Last edited:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Maybe if you picth a big enough fuss, especially using the SVT customer survey flag, they'll give you the chrome rims for free. LOL
I wrote a letter to my dealer explaining my frustration concerning amount given for my trade-in. I received a phone call the day after I mailed it from the owner himself asking what he could do to make it right. He offered to perform my first three scheduled maint. visits for free. Not really sure what that would be worth. I told him that we would work out something. My plan is to ask for free Chorme rims and to keep the orig. ones. Don't know if it'll work but it's worth a try. He knew from the start I hadn't submitted my survey yet. Those surveys are worth their weight in gold plus some. Good Luck.

Blades

Established Member
I said no test drive without me. And what do i do when im talking to the salesman about getting a lightning? Drop my stuff and literally run after my car is it chrips out of the parking lot. I wanted to kill someone. It was gone for too long too. I told them the problem.. SWAY BAR BUSHING! its not that hard, just push on it and look at the bushing.. whatever. Next time im keeping the keys

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Originally posted by mineral03
...(snipped)...if you complain enough, the tech ( more than likely a semi new guy, if hes changin oil) might get fired... (snipped)

He should get fired. :burn:

Gumball

Established Member
It's been my experience that the service manager might give you lip service that he'll do something and then won't. Best bet is to complain to the GM. He's the guy that has a financial interest in you being happy (ie. buying more cars). If he seems disinterested, inform him that your next phone call is to channel whatevers' consumer reporter. You're pretty sure that they'd be interested in hearing your story about his dealership. If that doesn't work ask him to check if his hearing aid is on, then blast him and leave because it's hopeless.

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
If I had seen the guy take off in the car I would have pulled out my cell phone and called 911 -- report the car stolen! :mj: I had Freedom Ford in Hampton, VA put 54 miles on my Saleen when it was in for service. I only wish I had seen the fugger driving in it bcz he would have been proned out on the pavement with my foot in the back of his neck. :bash:

I would call Ford HQ, SVT, the local police, state Attorney General, BBB, and any of the local TV stations who have a "10 on your side" kind of gig. Basically anyone who will listen would get an earful.

This is why I do my own oil changes. Anything they do, I'll sit and wait. Hope the punk gets fired. Good luck - I know how you feel.

Also - you might try downloading the computer. Not sure if Ford's have this ability, but when car thieves stole a Lotus in England, the engineers downloaded the computer info and saw it had hit the rev limiter several times as well as the top speed governor.

Jfgarcia1

Banned
Hey:

The same thing happened to me. This idiot was getting in and out of my car every 5 minutes and driving it around the lot, while I looked on! How stupid can you get. I left the car there because they had to do some warranty work on the the window's master control switch. When I came back I found that they put 18 miles on my car ???. I complained to the GM, the Owner, and let my feelings be known that I did not appreciate mechanics or their friends taking needless drives on my car to test drive it. I was smart enough to take the mileage reading when I left it and compared it to the reading when I piked it up.

My sugestion to anyone having this experience is to report it to the GM and Owner of the dealership in writting and get some compensation for it, as I am now negotiating for. It is important that you make it known to someone at the dealership as soon as you find out. The longer you wait the less recourse you have.

I will let you know how my case turns out. But I am definetely not letting any dealer that I do not trust work on my car from now on.:cuss::gt:

Last edited:

forced03

Established Member
I just went to the dealership to complain. I asked for the GM but got the service director instead.

He wasn't going to budge. We talked/ argued for 15 min. He said it is their company policy to test every car that goes in for 5 miles and that my car was not abused. No financial compensation. I asked if they were blue oval certified and he said they were in the process. I told him they could forget about that and left.

Started driving home but turned around cause I wanted more answers.

This time I met with the service director and the GM. She was a bitch.

I told them if they could furnish me the company policy that states to drive every car 5 miles then I would leave and drop the whole thing.

"Ah, its an internal policy and I can't get it for you". I push more on this issue. "Whether its written or not does not matter".

I said BS if its a company policy, its written somewhere. The GM was getting pretty nasty towards me which just made things worse. She then said "this conversation is over and left"

How do I yank their blue oval certificate? They do not deserve it. What should be my next step?

p.s. If anyone works or knows anyone at Marin Ford (Bay Area) could you please have them verify that the 5 mile test drive is B.S.

docs03

Established Member
reporting dealer

There is a process through Ford to file a complaint against a dealer. I'm in the process of getting the information for myself.
PM me and I will forward it when I have it in the next day or two

forced03

Established Member
I filed a formal complaint through the Consumer Automotive Ass. and also through Ford. It does not look like I will be getting anything out of this, but, hopefully the dealership will be punished.

For others that have had problems, this is what I've found so far:

www.autorepair.ca.gov for CA residents. click on how to file complaint

Ford Complaint Line
1-800-392-3673 I was told they take complaints very seriously.

Let me know if you have other ideas.

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
Originally posted by forced03
Let me know if you have other ideas.

Wait for it to happen again and call the cops when he drives off -- report it stolen. That'll teach 'em. :D

Users who are viewing this thread