How to make a Coyote 5.0 sound JUST LIKE THIS (Big Cam, High Compression Pistons vid)

IDWALKU

RecordBreakinBrad
Established Member
My boys 13 with stage 3 comp cams, cobra jet intake, and rev auto bfi is cammed out like a mofo. It's a super rare case Adam tried his hardest to tune it out but she's still lumpy as shit.

Thats because we put limiters in Collins car on the exhaust side. it has a tinie tiny lope. most people wouldnt think twice about. its not even aggressive enough to make people think its a ghost cam. If we wouldn't have put the limiters in it like we did with ronnies car. The car would have idled smooth as stock. Adams car idled smooth and so does my buddys with RGR regrinds.

Its all in the tune and if you are limiting the cam phasers at all...

ford20

Established Member
You guys do realize that that Cobra Jet should be a 5.4L? You can get the GT500's to lope without any problems.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
So, with an aggressive race cam like that, 11.5:1 compression and headers - Id imagine as aggressive as that would be, it would still be a very streetable car, no?

Does this sound about right to replicate the sound?

- Boss 302 Intake OR Ford Racing Mustang Cobra Jet Intake ($499-899)
- Comp Cams ($1500)
- Cobra Jet Cold Air Kit ($400)
- Headers ($500)
- 11.5:1 Pistons ($750)

With a custom tune, I wonder how streetable, reliable and what kind of numbers/times a 5.0L would produce?

Thoughts?

[youtube_browser]Dk8ffvGaxLY[/youtube_browser]

Ghost cam and header dump it. That's the closest you'll get. It's not even the same engine as our car so there's only so much you can do. If you want a really old school muscle car sound, should have gotten a car with a pushrod motor and 2v ahem LS motors...

chao5.0

Established Member

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
"aggressive cams" are typically "aggressive' in their amount of overlap. Again... the tune can dictate the amount of overlap the car does (or does not) see.

Overlap is what makes the car "cam."
The coyote can tune virtually any amount, or lack, of overlap.
new cams, stock cams, diamond plated gold crested cams, it makes no difference.

Here is a damn V6 with the ghost cam, again, it makes no difference and is all in the tune.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LqwcBWmjvw

The ghost cam tune in and of itself will cause you to run a little more rich at idle, therefore it can be harmful on the cats, but it will not hurt the engine.

Damn I'm bout to hit up Shaun and see if he can do a lope idle tune for the edge lol.

Users who are viewing this thread