HOW TO: Make a $2000 Glass of delicious chocolate milk.

jf4boogie

Established Member
Do you mind sharing details of how it happened? Just curious if you were "hot lapping" or boosting in 5th or whatever...

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
Do you mind sharing details of how it happened? Just curious if you were "hot lapping" or boosting in 5th or whatever...

There's a thread on it here somewhere, But I was doing a 3rd gear pull passing a car and coolant just sprayed my windshield.

Paulinator

Established Member
All I know is that the tune was "conservative" and tuned rich, because my clutch was slipping on the dyno, so we held off on a balls to the wall tune, until I got a new clutch.

how rich? what was the a/f? too rich can cause increased compression because of all of that fuel.

my tune is conservative with 10-12Timing and 10-11AFR at WOT the extra fuel keeps the cylinder head cool and reduces knock. and is the main reason my 182,000+ motor has lasted on 9-10PSI for the past 2 years

Last edited:

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
how rich? what was the a/f? too rich can cause increased compression because of all of that fuel.

my tune is conservative with 10-12Timing and 10-11AFR at WOT the extra fuel keeps the cylinder head cool and reduces knock. and is the main reason my 182,000+ motor has lasted on 9-10PSI for the past 2 years

Honestly I'm not sure. I didnt ask enough questions when I got tuned. I just know "conservative" "rich" and " what clutch do you have in this car?... ohh.. that explains it"

yellowgt02

Established Member
Wow that sucks man!!!

I know in my tune, I have 2* of timing removed up top from Cyl. 7 & 8
I dont have any cooling mods either.

You may want to look into doing that or a cooling mod.

While the car is down, now is the time to crack open that Eaton and show us the wonders of the SnakeBite.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
wow...I dont think Ive ever seen a head gasket go on an eaton car....rarely on any other car for that matter.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Make sure while it's apart, you check out that Snakebite (tm) really well. There have been some serious issues with the torque plates cracking underneath! Just an fyi, in case you haven't seen the large threads about this that have been posted in the Terminator section...

ttk53

Established Member
Make sure while it's apart, you check out that Snakebite (tm) really well. There have been some serious issues with the torque plates cracking underneath! Just an fyi, in case you haven't seen the large threads about this that have been posted in the Terminator section...

+1 you crack that thing open and post pics I'll shoot you a few bucks to use for new eaton oil. If thats what can be run in the snakebite.

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
+1 you crack that thing open and post pics I'll shoot you a few bucks to use for new eaton oil. If thats what can be run in the snakebite.

Id really love to take it apart, but once it's apart, bye bye warranty from steg.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a lousy recipe for chocolate milk. Looks more like butterscotch. LOL!

Seriously, though, sad to see any motor bite the dust.

synapsis

Established Member
I'll pass on having a taste of that chocolate milk. (I was expecting something other than an engine, I'm not sure what, just not that.)

Anyone else notice there's a "first" 9 second Eaton Terminator *and* an "only" 9 second Eaton Terminator in sigs on this page, and they're two different cars?

yellowgt02

Established Member
Id really love to take it apart, but once it's apart, bye bye warranty from steg.

How is he actually going to know?

Do you think you will actually use warranty?

As for synapsis....
BADASS owns the car, and drive it....Its powered by a "Posi" Blower

Users who are viewing this thread