How to jailbreak an iPhone 3gs?

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Forgive me im obvioulsy an android guy. Not really a very generic comment to me... I was under impression that the ios's kernel was open source and the locking code had been been recompiled at some point. I know there were old methods done through the FSTab that were thought to of worked.

Elaborate if you can please.

im not sure what your facetious question actually is.. im assuming its a question.. at least your trying to test me further by asking things that are irrelevant to the OP's original purpose of this thread.

and furthermore, if youre strictly an android guy, why are you giving advice in an iphone thread? especially advice that starts with statement.. and i quote
Androids are miles better, that being said the capability of what you can do on any rooted device is insane.

this thread wasnt about opinions, the OP NEVER asked which is better and iphone or android phone.. the OP never asked Im thinking of jailbreaking my phone but please tell me your opinion on ios vs android... the question was
I just got an iPhone 3gs from my grandfather and I need to jailbreak it. What are some good programs? Thanks.

So in good practice, and in order to keep this forum a pleasant place to ask questions, try and stick to the topic, and at least stick to the conversation at hand. Topics do tend to slide here and there, but at least offer conversation pertaining to the discussion that is currently going on.

rubicon04

SVT Poster
Established Member
im not sure what your facetious question actually is.. im assuming its a question.. at least your trying to test me further by asking things that are irrelevant to the OP's original purpose of this thread.

and furthermore, if youre strictly an android guy, why are you giving advice in an iphone thread? especially advice that starts with statement.. and i quote

this thread wasnt about opinions, the OP NEVER asked which is better and iphone or android phone.. the OP never asked Im thinking of jailbreaking my phone but please tell me your opinion on ios vs android... the question was

So in good practice, and in order to keep this forum a pleasant place to ask questions, try and stick to the topic, and at least stick to the conversation at hand. Topics do tend to slide here and there, but at least offer conversation pertaining to the discussion that is currently going on.

It wasnt a facetious question to test you ...I was actually just asking you to explain to me further whether the impression i was under was based on false pretenses which is why I said please.

The Op asked how to jailbreak an iphone, Ive jailbroken more than a few and gave him a link to the best option IMO (redsnow). Me being an android guy simply means I have a far more knowledge about the droid Os, that doesnt disqualify me from helping someone doing something as simple as jailbreaking an iphone.

I know the thread wasnt about opinions but I stated mine anyway, im sorry you have a problem with that. The main thing here is I gave the Op the best solution to the question he posed.

I believe you took the topic further off course when you chose to correct me (which is fine with me) All I asked was for you to explain to me further what we were talking about not test your knowledge. The OP got the answer to his question there is nothing wrong with further discussion on our subject.

Last edited:

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Deleting language packs could increase memory or not?

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
It wasnt a facetious question to test you ...I was actually just asking you to explain to me further whether the impression i was under was based on false pretenses which is why I said please.

The Op asked how to jailbreak an iphone, Ive jailbroken more than a few and gave him a link to the best option IMO (redsnow). Me being an android guy simply means I have a far more knowledge about the droid Os, that doesnt disqualify me from helping someone doing something as simple as jailbreaking an iphone.

I know the thread wasnt about opinions but I stated mine anyway, im sorry you have a problem with that. The main thing here is I gave the Op the best solution to the question he posed.

I believe you took the topic further of course when you chose to correct me (which is fine with me) All I asked was for you to explain to me further what we were talking about not test your knowledge. The OP got the answer to his question there is nothing wrong with further discussion on our subject.

well your comment back was hard to interpret as to whether it was a question or comment.. it seemed because of that, that it was a facetious test.. if that wasnt the case then my apologies

the reason I point out that your opinion wasnt necessary is because as soon as the apple vs android war begins threads end up in smack talk... so when it comes to subjects that people cant debate intelligently and start pushing their opinions, its usually not a great idea :beer:

as for your answer to the OP, yes even after your android opinion ;-), you definitely pointed him in the right direction.. I also pointed him at the same site, its a great go to source for people, get ready for the hypocrisy, in my opinion have no business jailbreaking or rooting their phones. If you dont know what the jailbreak really is, or what rooting really means (as we do) you really dont need to be jailbreaking your device. EDUCATE yourself first, then look into it as a viable option. Usually when someone asks, what can I do with a JB phone, I usually just steer them clear. I liked it when jailbreaking was hard, and people bricked their devices when they did it regularly.. just like rooting was a couple years ago. Only the enthusiast took the plunge and sought after root access. Ive been on a jailbroken iphone since iOS 1.10. And for the record, thats like a million years ago. I got away from iOS for a while and bought a Nexus ONE. It of course got rooted as soon as it was capable... I did bootloop mine a few times as well loading cyanogen and perisians kernel.. my device was OC'ed and undervoltage as well.. I used to consider myself a very knowledgeable android guy.. but that was then, back in the 2.1 days..lol :beer:

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Deleting language packs could increase memory or not?

the best thing for keeping an eye on memory is JB the device, then install SB settings and keep and eye on processes in there. which device are you running? if its an i4 or 4s you shouldnt have memory issues

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
It is a JB 4S on 5.0.1. Just trying to get the most out of it. Installed Adblock from cydia seems like it helped. Just modding you know how it is. :) I always delete any back running apps as well.

rubicon04

SVT Poster
Established Member
well your comment back was hard to interpret as to whether it was a question or comment.. it seemed because of that, that it was a facetious test.. if that wasnt the case then my apologies

Yes, I honestly was just genuinley curious. no worries at all :beer:

the reason I point out that your opinion wasnt necessary is because as soon as the apple vs android war begins threads end up in smack talk... so when it comes to subjects that people cant debate intelligently and start pushing their opinions, its usually not a great idea :beer:

Totatlly understood :beer:

as for your answer to the OP, yes even after your android opinion ;-), you definitely pointed him in the right direction.. I also pointed him at the same site, its a great go to source for people, get ready for the hypocrisy, in my opinion have no business jailbreaking or rooting their phones. If you dont know what the jailbreak really is, or what rooting really means (as we do) you really dont need to be jailbreaking your device. EDUCATE yourself first, then look into it as a viable option. Usually when someone asks, what can I do with a JB phone, I usually just steer them clear. I liked it when jailbreaking was hard, and people bricked their devices when they did it regularly.. just like rooting was a couple years ago. Only the enthusiast took the plunge and sought after root access. Ive been on a jailbroken iphone since iOS 1.10. And for the record, thats like a million years ago. I got away from iOS for a while and bought a Nexus ONE. It of course got rooted as soon as it was capable... I did bootloop mine a few times as well loading cyanogen and perisians kernel.. my device was OC'ed and undervoltage as well.. I used to consider myself a very knowledgeable android guy.. but that was then, back in the 2.1 days..lol :beer:

Agreed it is was much more interesting back when there was select crowd of folks willing to brick a brand new phone.Any joe blow can root a phone now with a usb cable and a one click root just so they can get free tethering.

I definitley learned the hard way back then and had a nice droid paper weight untill I figured out how to restore the original Rom when everyone was still learning what and what not to do.

Last edited:

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Thanks for the help and info, guys. I got it jailbroken and it's a whole lot better now.

glad o hear it! your phone will be as stable as it ever was.. you can load some nice tweaks.. what out for running a bunch of different springboard tweaks though.. thats where people start slowing down their devices

Users who are viewing this thread