How-to : HIDGuy.net 6000k Headlights/Fogs

CobraKalas

Established Member
Nice write-up! luckily when I installed my foglights I had the bumper cover off and found a mounting location on both sides that suited well. Great job on selling great HID kits HIDGUY!

HID_Guy

Established Member
Nice write-up! luckily when I installed my foglights I had the bumper cover off and found a mounting location on both sides that suited well. Great job on selling great HID kits HIDGUY!

Thanx for the support, glad to provide quality products with quality service anytime.

Vae_Victus

Established Member
great write up...i am installing my 8000k kit (headlights and fogs) this week. Will post pics up here if that's cool with you Azianstang.

twhitey

Established Member
thanks for the write up. I will be installing 6k low beams and fogs this week. I hope it goes as easy as you make it look.

beerMuscles03

Established Member
I just installed the 6k hi/lo kit for the headlights. For some reason my high beams and low beams are now reversed. Did I miss something with the wiring?

Other than that they look amazing and I can now see at night.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I just installed the 6k hi/lo kit for the headlights. For some reason my high beams and low beams are now reversed. Did I miss something with the wiring?

Other than that they look amazing and I can now see at night.

Yeah man...mine are the same way...I didn't change mine b/c I haven't gotten flashed for runnin' them like them turnout after the install...I let my dad drive the Cobra, and it wasn't the bad; it's not a bad cheap glare like the shitty HIDS, here's the link to fix it...I didn't do it though...
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...s-212/571520-hid-6000ks-installed-pics-2.html

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
11. Now onto the foglights. You may need to jack up your car at this point. The foglight kit looks exactly like the headlight kit, except you have H10 bulbs.

12. Starting on driver side, get under the car and remove the stock foglight bulbs. Turn the bulb counter-clockwise to remove it. Plug in the new H10 bulb. I did not use the black rubber insulating piece attached to the wire.

13. This is where I mounted the ballast on each side. Make sure to clean the area well before double-taping it to whatever location you choose, unless you're drilling. Sorry the pic is blurry!

(this is passenger side)

912fa1c2.gif

14. Plug the long wire from the ballast into the H10 bulb wires. RED TO RED, BLUE TO BLUE. Make sure they snap securely.

15. Plug the short wire from the ballast into the wiring harness. This plugs DIRECTLY into the wiring harness, there's no need to use the double-wire with the metal clips, or the two extra plastic black pieces. I assume these are for vehicles that actually need them.

16. Do the same steps for the passenger side.

17. Here's the important part. Make sure you zip tie the wires away from heat, and make sure you prevent them from falling to the ground while driving! I zip tied the wires together into a bundle, then zip tied the bundle closer to the ballast to remove the slack.

18. Reconnect the battery and turn on the foglights. If they don't light up, you probably didn't properly secure one of the connections (this happened to me). *Ensure that the plug into the wiring harness is fully secure.*

Hope this helps any of you that get this kit. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me.

If any of you that have the kit would like to correct me or add details, don't hesitate to do so!

e4b17563.gif

34249fbb.gif

f17f43ff.gif

4f178061.gif

SVT03Chris :

IMG_1316-1.jpg

So do the Foglights actually have a connector to mate up to the factory one, or does it use two metal 'prongs' like the other Fog kits?

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
Yea i think im gonna go with the 5k on my redfire what do you guys think??

beerMuscles03

Established Member
Yeah man...mine are the same way...I didn't change mine b/c I haven't gotten flashed for runnin' them like them turnout after the install...I let my dad drive the Cobra, and it wasn't the bad; it's not a bad cheap glare like the shitty HIDS, here's the link to fix it...I didn't do it though...
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...s-212/571520-hid-6000ks-installed-pics-2.html

I just fixed this in about 2 minutes. Using a paperclip I pushed underneath the prongs and slid them out from the wire side. Then just swap them and you're good.

HID_Guy

Established Member
Yea i think im gonna go with the 5k on my redfire what do you guys think??

The 5k's will look clean on your Redfire, but we have seen many customers purchase the 8k because the Blue HID's tend to make the Red stand out a bit more, but it really depends on your personal preference when it comes to looks, the 5k's will have a bit of a stronger output when it comes to lighting though.

Users who are viewing this thread