How to Handle a neighbor who dings your door

SVT_28

Established Member
Hey all,

I live in a condo complex were we have assigned parking spaces in a 5 level garage. The same car parks to my left, the same to my right. My car is not a DD, so sometimes it sits for a few days without being driven, meaning only one car parks on that side most of the time. Recently, I cleaned my car, parked it and didn't drive it for the week. As most do while cleaning, I always look for any new rock chips and scratches. Coming to my car for the first time after cleaning it the week before I noticed 2 paint transfer marks on the right side. The person to my right, a female in her mid to late 20s seems to be opening her door on my car without regard. Ive noticed a mark months ago when she first moved in and suspected she made the mark, but wasn't 100% sure. This time I know, because my car didn't move once after cleaning it.

With that being said, Im sure there are people who have run into an issue like this. My question is, what have you done about this or what would you do. So far, I have asked the people to my left if they mind if I park extra close to the left to give the person to my right more room, to which they said wasn't a problem (they said they never drive with passengers). Maybe this female would get the hint that I park so far over, but it seems she parks her car however it falls in her space. I have considered leaving the situation alone, as to not cause an issue. I have considered leaving a note taped to my passenger window requesting she be more careful when opening her door. She happens to live directly across the hallway, although we rarely cross paths.

I admit to being a little anal about my car, especially the paint (being black), but should I just let it go or go with a passive aggressive route(and risk causing an issue if taken the wrong way)?
Any personal experiences are welcomed...

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Set up a camera because you really have no proof, other than your assumption.

Btw, it's YOUR property. The problem today is nobody gives a shit about anything other than their own. That's the problem with having anything nice nowadays, somebody is bound to **** it up if you don't.

Also, door dings don't fall under being anal...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SVT_28

Established Member
Need pics of female in mid 20's to determine best course of action.

Only have seen her once or twice, but from what I can tell....shes hot...but my car is hotter hah!

Set up a camera because you really have no proof, other than your assumption.

Btw, it's YOUR property. The problem today is nobody gives a shit about anything other than their own. That's the problem with having anything nice nowadays, somebody is bound to **** it up if you don't.

Also, door dings don't fall under being anal...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought about this as well. Her car is dark blue, the paint transfer is white. I wondered how this happened. That next day I looked at the corner of her rear driver side door....and its chipped down to some sort of white paint. The marks would seem to be in the right spot if her door was to open onto mine. But yes, concrete proof would be ideal.

Eventually, I want to get a professional detail done, which would remove any of these little marks, but I am not looking to blow 600$ to have more of the same down the road. I have decided I should wait until I have my own garage.

You are correct in that part of this thread is to vent about how people don't respect other people property.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Only have seen her once or twice, but from what I can tell....shes hot...but my car is hotter hah!

Thought about this as well. Her car is dark blue, the paint transfer is white. I wondered how this happened. That next day I looked at the corner of her rear driver side door....and its chipped down to some sort of white paint. The marks would seem to be in the right spot if her door was to open onto mine. But yes, concrete proof would be ideal.

Eventually, I want to get a professional detail done, which would remove any of these little marks, but I am not looking to blow 600$ to have more of the same down the road. I have decided I should wait until I have my own garage.

You are correct in that part of this thread is to vent about how people don't respect other people property.

Probably her paints primer...Buy a camera or even borrow one from a friend and review it for a week or so.

Clemson

Established Member
Bang her, record it, then tell her if she dings your whip again the video goes on the interwebs.....if it turns out she is into that sort of thing, sorry, I got nothing lol.

Equalbracket

Established Member
This is a forum full of "alpha" males who's first response is PIIB or "pics of chick". Reality is you have no proof, and that's all that matters. In my personal experience 95% of the people on this planet are ****ing shitheads, that's just the way it is. And being in the 5% you just have to deal with it. Most people and specially women don't regard property like men with morales and integrity, that's just life.

Don't install some bullshit ass hidden camera, just go talk to her and tell her hey look what you you did, and show her. Either it clicks or it doesn't. If it doesn't click, then you move to plan b...And i'll leave that one to the imagination.

Machdup1

Established Member
You calmly talk to her like an adult and bring it up as a joke that your baby got damaged. She will get the message.

You then befriend her and go out on a few dates.

You then get her hooked on meth and Ho her out until she pays off your car. You then Roofie her, harvest her organs and sell them on the Asian black market to pay for new mods.

You have to keep your pimp hand strong.

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
This is a forum full of "alpha" males who's first response is PIIB or "pics of chick". Reality is you have no proof, and that's all that matters. In my personal experience 95% of the people on this planet are ****ing shitheads, that's just the way it is. And being in the 5% you just have to deal with it. Most people and specially women don't regard property like men with morales and integrity, that's just life.

Don't install some bullshit ass hidden camera, just go talk to her and tell her hey look what you you did, and show her. Either it clicks or it doesn't. If it doesn't click, then you move to plan b...And i'll leave that one to the imagination.
Word. When the gf got her '13, her twin sister thought it would be cute to lay on the hood because "I'm cold" we had the car maybe for 8 hours. I insta-assholed her in front of everyone. Not my problem she drives a bucket and plays bumper cars with it and I'm sure as hell not letting anyone **** this one up. lol needless to say their parents were pissed because I yelled at her in front of them.

The op could key into her doors, "**** it" and "LOL YOLO." that will teach her.

vortecd

Established Member
you calmly talk to her like an adult and bring it up as a joke that your baby got damaged. She will get the message.

You then befriend her and go out on a few dates.

You then get her hooked on meth and ho her out until she pays off your car. You then roofie her, harvest her organs and sell them on the asian black market to pay for new mods.

You have to keep your pimp hand strong.

this

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
What are we talking? An actual ding as in metal has deformed, a chip\scratch that will require paint, or a scratch that can be buffed out? Big difference between the three.

SVT_28

Established Member
What are we talking? An actual ding as in metal has deformed, a chip\scratch that will require paint, or a scratch that can be buffed out? Big difference between the three.

So far, I have only paint transfer/faint scratches that can be buffed out. I count 3 so far. I am pissed about the mark, but more so about the fact that one day, she could actually leave a dent due to carelessness. This is what I am looking to prevent, along with the principle of the matter, respect other peoples stuff. Like I said, I eventually will get a professional detail, but for the time being, I'd prefer not do have faint scuffs, marks and possibly dents(at some point) on my car.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Is the ceiling over you car something you could hang something from?

There are foam or inflatable tubes that you can get to hang from the ceiling to protect your doors. If it's concrete you could still drill two tiny holes and use the pound in plastic screw grips to hang it from.

I have seen these in quite a few garages recently. But only garages with specific numbered assigned parking.

Here's one
http://www.hossrods.com/park-smart-...qW4hPsrx5iFmL3TrJX1d-yJsxGOIDGw5lsaAsyK8P8HAQ

Another
http://www.calcarcover.com/product/9/172/Hanging_Garage_Pad

And here is a huge one that would protect a car. Tall or short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaG5-R_h8UA

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Most of the replies in here are based on my post in the stickey at the top of this section. Don't come crying when you get a message from one of us.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Is the ceiling over you car something you could hang something from?

There are foam or inflatable tubes that you can get to hang from the ceiling to protect your doors. If it's concrete you could still drill two tiny holes and use the pound in plastic screw grips to hang it from.

I have seen these in quite a few garages recently. But only garages with specific numbered assigned parking.

Here's one
http://www.hossrods.com/park-smart-...qW4hPsrx5iFmL3TrJX1d-yJsxGOIDGw5lsaAsyK8P8HAQ

Another
http://www.calcarcover.com/product/9/172/Hanging_Garage_Pad

And here is a huge one that would protect a car. Tall or short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaG5-R_h8UA

Those are pretty cool. I would just add that the OP should check to see if he is allowed to hang something like that in the parking garage.

OP, I would make it a point to cross paths with this person and just ask her politely to be more careful around your car. Don't be aggressive, just say you are trying to keep it in good condition and it only accumulates those dings when parked in the parking garage. If you are polite and friendly about it, she shouldn't take offense to it and may actually try harder, especially if she knows you live across the hall.

RJ13GT

Established Member
uploadfromtaptalk1461148358416.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread