How to get into a magazine?

michschi

Established Member
I think my car is definitively ready for pictures looks wise. Some have seen my car around here, but I will include a couple. You tell me what you think it will take to be mag worthy.

Then if anyone has any input about how to do it once its done.

Current mods...

-Paxton 1200 SL (non-intercooled FOR NOW)
-Cervinis 2.5 cowl hood
-Shelby aluminum hood pins
-Agent 47 mirrors
-Silver Horse Racing flush mount louvers
-Shelby CS40 wheels (20x9, 20x10)
-SD Hidden Foglamp Grille
-VHT tinted Foglights from NTO
-Lower facia painted with stripes continued to bottom
-Tinted markers
-Dash board out of 2008 Bullitt
-Leather wrapped wheel
-Shelby GT500 splitter modified to fit
-Shelby GT floormats
-Shelby dead pedal
-Shelby E-brake handle
-UPR cup holder delete

This winter, should include Paxton intercooler, and some engine dress up and tune.

Heres a couple pics.

40ad357e.jpg

cf32c814.jpg

e05eb551.jpg

4b5ae5ff.jpg

d84b7415.jpg

IMG_2901.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

Last edited:

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
I think it looks sick! You should powder coat your supercharger and intake pipes. You can actually powder coat that intake too! Maybe a little hydro graphics.

That second picture is money!

Last edited:

michschi

Established Member
I think it looks sick! You should powder coat your supercharger and intake pipes. You can actually powder coat that intake too! Maybe a little hydro graphics.

probably the nicest Shelby GT I've ever seen.

Thanks guys, I plan on some powder coating in the engine bay after the intercooler and piping is all here. I was thinking about polishing the supercharger.

I was thinking about a little sonic blue in the engine bay, what do you think?

I am open to any suggestions. Also anyone know how I might about getting it into a mag once I think its ready?

2k05gt

Established Member
I have to agree with Fox-4, there is nothing that stands out and says to a mag editor that they can sell issues. I have a friend that has a 2005 V6, he fordged the 4.0, put a turbo on it and 100 shot ran 10.97 @ 122 mph and that was not enough to get a photo in a Magazine, just a small write up. Then he popped the engine, put a Navigator 5.4 in it with a custom built intake with a gt500 intercooler, massive turbo, Meth injection, ice box, cage, and bettery relo and a 4R70 trans brake running 10.8 @124 and he got a photoshoot. it's about being unique, different to make it, it needs to capture the readers and draw them in. Your car is Nice, clean and I would take pictures of it at a Car show but It would not make me buy a magazine. your mods are a dime a dozen.

There is one sure fire way to get on the cover of a Magazine

Check here

Last edited:

michschi

Established Member
It's clean, but not flashy enough.

probably the nicest Shelby GT I've ever seen.
Thanks a lot man! I try to make good decisions when it came to mods.

I got the intercooler and am having some stuff powder coated. Here is what I have so far....

Valve Covers

mg8453.jpg

mg8454.jpg

mg8456.jpg

But I am most excited in the way this turned out.

404174_292918117431359_183441225045716_838272_406684558_n.jpg

SALEEN67

EXTREEME
Established Member
Looks amazing,getting into a magazine is just a hit and miss...i tried few years back and email many of them but no luck.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Looks GREAT!!! You have the right accents in the right places. Definitely like the engine bay... lot of work and it shows.:thumbsup:

Danderson

Established Member
All i can say is WOW! take a few of the best pictures write up a little summary, mods list send it in. def mag worthy

michschi

Established Member
Looks GREAT!!! You have the right accents in the right places. Definitely like the engine bay... lot of work and it shows.:thumbsup:

Thanks man. In the middle of putting my engine bay back together, some bearings went out on the blower so I had to take it right back off :( other then that it went pretty smoothly.

All i can say is WOW! take a few of the best pictures write up a little summary, mods list send it in. def mag worthy

You really think so. I get it tuned next week, since I just got the intercooler kit on it. I will be doing two green dual force interceptor gauges, and retro fitting 2010+ sideskirts and side splitters.

On another note, I am having a hard time deciding what to do for to much the trunk show worthy? Its just really clean right now? Any ideas. Stereo? I dont want to loose the trunk completely, I do alot of shows and take small chairs and what not.

Sugguestions welcome!!

Users who are viewing this thread