How to get 600 rwhp

mymustang44

Cammed What??
Established Member
First off, I just picked up a 96 cobra with a built engine and viper spec t-56. The engine has between 10.5 and 11 to 1 c/r. I'm really wanting to get between 550 and 600 rwhp with it, but can't find a lot of info on that high of a compression ratio without vvt. I'm thinking low boost and a good shot of nitrous, but am still skeptical. I still want this to be daily drive-able.

What's everyone's recommendation?

I would also like some recommendation on the fuel system components to go with.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

harvboi05

Established Member
a centri blower T trim size or larger (pick your favorite brand), with a 96 e10 fuel id suggest a pick up tube from glenns performance and a bosch 044. run 60lb injectors and some big lines, and see what she can do.

MeetMeAtThePark

Force Fed Snake
Established Member
Not sure if you would need to change the heads or not, but if you're just going for the hp I'd think spray would be your best option with that compression ratio. Yeah, you can get 8lbs of boost out of her but that's going to be a costly route. On the other hand, you might have to supplement that with a s/c or turbo though for 600. I've never sprayed my cars though and probably never will. Your cams will determine how streetable your car is.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
An intercooled centri with boost in the 15 range will get you some good power, just dial down the spark advance and set the A/F on the fat side.. There's a number of guys on svtp running Aluminator longblock 10:1 combos with high boost twin screws on 93 (but most do convert to E-85 to run more timing)

32vApe

Not Fast Enough
Established Member
Yea it would take all off 15lbs of boost to get you there. Since you don't know exactly what the compression ratio is I say 10lbs max with a good tune on 93. This would only get you to upper 400's. You could add water meth, run 15 lbs and you would be close. Run 8 lbs with a 125-150 shot.

mymustang44

Cammed What??
Established Member
Not sure if you would need to change the heads or not, but if you're just going for the hp I'd think spray would be your best option with that compression ratio. Yeah, you can get 8lbs of boost out of her but that's going to be a costly route. On the other hand, you might have to supplement that with a s/c or turbo though for 600. I've never sprayed my cars though and probably never will. Your cams will determine how streetable your car is.

I already have a full vortech v-1 non-intercooled kit that I can put on so it won't cost anything for that part.

An intercooled centri with boost in the 15 range will get you some good power, just dial down the spark advance and set the A/F on the fat side.. There's a number of guys on svtp running Aluminator longblock 10:1 combos with high boost twin screws on 93 (but most do convert to E-85 to run more timing)

That's good to hear. I wish i could get e-85 closer to home, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Yea it would take all off 15lbs of boost to get you there. Since you don't know exactly what the compression ratio is I say 10lbs max with a good tune on 93. This would only get you to upper 400's. You could add water meth, run 15 lbs and you would be close. Run 8 lbs with a 125-150 shot.
Right now, that's looking like my plan.

Thanks for the help, still unsure on what my fuel system should be.

JP_Stang

Established Member
If you have the money I would look into a 03/04 Cobra tank with 2-255's and some 60lb. injectors for the fuel. Also with that kind of compression you are really going to need a meth kit if you can't ge to the E85. That will help with the detonation. With the right tune and right amount of meth I don't think you would have to have nitrous. I am not a fan of nitrous because I have had bad luck with it. But with the right tuner I am sure it could be just as safe as anything else. I never had my cars tuned for it, so I am sure that was why I had bad luck. :)

JP_Stang

Established Member
Oh, I believe that Kurgan is making fuel hats for our cars now also so that could be a cheaper route then the 03/04 cobra tank. I will be looking into one also for my car. I have only seen the triple hat so I am not 100% sure he makes a dual hat for us yet??...

mymustang44

Cammed What??
Established Member
If you have the money I would look into a 03/04 Cobra tank with 2-255's and some 60lb. injectors for the fuel. Also with that kind of compression you are really going to need a meth kit if you can't ge to the E85. That will help with the detonation. With the right tune and right amount of meth I don't think you would have to have nitrous. I am not a fan of nitrous because I have had bad luck with it. But with the right tuner I am sure it could be just as safe as anything else. I never had my cars tuned for it, so I am sure that was why I had bad luck. :)

Money isn't really an issue, just may take a little more time to finish. Does fore still make fuel hats, so I can run 2 or 3 pumps??

I've thought about meth, but I do like to have fun in my car every now and then, and I like the idea of having not using meth or nitrous every time I have an urge to tromp on it. I can cut the nitrous off with just a flip of a switch. With the meth I would have to either swap a pulley or use it every time I get on it.

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely look into a meth kit.

JP_Stang

Established Member
If you had a flip switch you could have a tune for both with and without the meth if you wanted. I will be doing this. The only thing you have to worry about though is the detonation issues you are going to have with high compression, boost and just 93 pump gas. So running it without meth will be very dangerous for you, unless you only run around 10psi then you might be ok. I don't know that I would take the chance tho, and you will have hard time seeing 600hp to the wheels.

I believe that Kurgan is the only one who makes fuel hats for our year cars?

mymustang44

Cammed What??
Established Member
If you had a flip switch you could have a tune for both with and without the meth if you wanted. I will be doing this. The only thing you have to worry about though is the detonation issues you are going to have with high compression, boost and just 93 pump gas. So running it without meth will be very dangerous for you, unless you only run around 10psi then you might be ok. I don't know that I would take the chance tho, and you will have hard time seeing 600hp to the wheels.

I believe that Kurgan is the only one who makes fuel hats for our year cars?

How cheap is meth and where can i buy it?? Also, do you have a link to the kurgan fuel hats?

JP_Stang

Established Member
I use a Snow Performance kit. You can go to their website and check out their kits. If you are part of Corral.net there is a guy named Micheal Plummer who is a distributor for them.

Let me see if I can get you a link to the Kurgan hats.

Users who are viewing this thread