How to deal with a snoring roomamte?

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
My roommate snores loud as shit, but I could fall asleep if a train was driving through my room so it doesn't even matter.

convert03cobra

Established Member
My buddy snores really freaking loud. When I go home to visit and stay at his house or when we go on vacation, his ass always keeps me up. I got this bright idea one time to put my dirty sock over his mouth and face. It doesn't keep him from snoring but I do get a good laugh out of it. He got pissed off about it when he woke up with my sock on his face but I was like dude, your snoring it freaking crazy. I'd say address it with him or buy him those breathe right strips and see if that helps.

Last edited:

Crazycarl

Established Member
I had the same problem with a college roomate. So i kept a pile of pennies next to my bed and would chuck pennies at his head till he woke up. ..if i ran outa pennies...next object within reach usually did the trick.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I had the same problem with a college roomate. So i kept a pile of pennies next to my bed and would chuck pennies at his head till he woke up. ..if i ran outa pennies...next object within reach usually did the trick.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lamp and / or Clock FTMFW

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member

No wonder they call you Crazycarl. :poke:

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
find a way to keep him awake.. if he cant sleep either. eventually he will understand that its not so funny..

if i cant have my sleep im a very mean person.. and everyone will suffer as i have too.

Common

Established Member
don't sleep in the same bed together
:lol:
sleep over at your boyfriend's place

JD
:lol::lol::lol:3
roll him up in his blanket and throw him out the window. works best with residences that are 2 floor or higher.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Squirt Habenero juice up his nose. He will never sleep with you around ever again.

s_x_i

Established Member
Ok, here's how to do it...

Hold his nose and cover his mouth with your hand (or something) This way he won't be able to breath. He'll automatically - in his sleep - roll over onto his side and stop snoring.

I don't know why this works, I just know it does. I had a room mate on a construction job who snored so loud the ringer in the telephone by the bed would reverberate. I almost got fired because one night I snapped and threw the phone at him and beat the shit out of him until he shut up. My boss told me the nose pinching trick and it worked every time. :beer:

JC_SapphireBlue_GT

Established Member
Ok, here's how to do it...

Hold his nose and cover his mouth with your hand (or something) This way he won't be able to breath. He'll automatically - in his sleep - roll over onto his side and stop snoring.

I don't know why this works, I just know it does. I had a room mate on a construction job who snored so loud the ringer in the telephone by the bed would reverberate. I almost got fired because one night I snapped and threw the phone at him and beat the shit out of him until he shut up. My boss told me the nose pinching trick and it worked every time. :beer:

so what happens if he wakes up///

if i woke up to someone holding my nose and covering my mouth im calling the cops :banana:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
But seriously folks. Check with the RA...maybe a room switch is possible. The school should have a policy on this. Both parties have rights. I've seen both sides of this issue recently. Our son...the snorer, sleep-talker AND sleepwalker ended up moving to a single, but only after we found out he has some serious sleep problems. Apnea is no joke as other issues can attend it. You could suggest to the roomie to have it checked (sleep test) for his own good. Check to see if he stops breathing sometimes when sleeping. The body needs a good 6 to 8 hours of real sleep or lots of not so good shit starts to happen. Not that this will solve your problem, but he could be a shitty room-mate because he is not getting enough sleep. True, his health is not your problem, but being reasonable may help your position with the school. Damn, in junior year I had the school's defensive line living below me for a year...they were up till 2am every night rough-housing. Not getting enough sleep sucks...whatever the reason. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread