How to cut Springs for lil more drop??

saleenssc1989

Established Member
I have some H&R springs on my 03, im def. not satisfied with the ride height. Can anyone help me out on how to cut, and where to cut for possibly another 1in. drop in fron and 3/4" in rear? Im not really wanting to buy new springs since i alfready have some good springs, they just dont do it for me on the stance.
Any help would be great guys, thanks.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
I have some H&R springs on my 03, im def. not satisfied with the ride height. Can anyone help me out on how to cut, and where to cut for possibly another 1in. drop in fron and 3/4" in rear? Im not really wanting to buy new springs since i alfready have some good springs, they just dont do it for me on the stance.

You can use a cutting disc/grinder or a skill saw...thats the way I have always cut them. I believe 1 coil is equivalent to about 2''. That is what I have mine at.
18'' Cobra wheels

IMG_2995-1.jpg

IMG_2964copy-1.png

These were taken with a 7.0 Megapixel camera 17'' wheels (old setup)

lakefront1.jpg

lakefront5.jpg

downtown2.jpg

lakefront11.jpg

lakefront10.jpg

lakefront8.jpg

lakefront4.jpg

lakefront7.jpg

...I post these pics a lot but it gets the point across. :-D

svt2ner

Established Member

If you got the stock isos you can try taking the isos out, would try that first. I wouldnt cut h&r springs since they are progressive. If theyre h&r race springs you can try trading for some h&r sport springs too.

...I post these pics a lot but it gets the point across. :-D

Yep you sure do, youre all about your car like a nat on a dogs dick.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
If you got the stock isos you can try taking the isos out, would try that first. I wouldnt cut h&r springs since they are progressive. If theyre h&r race springs you can try trading for some h&r sport springs too.

Yep you sure do, youre all about your car like a nat on a dogs dick.

No I just don't have any other pictures to post.
...and not exactly sure what that comments supposed to mean but I'm trying to contribute as well as help someone in a very informative way.

Last edited:

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Ya some people are trying to help out, atleast thats what I thought this site was for, but every once and a while you get a hater. Maybe he just doesn't like seeing a nicer Cobra. :lol1:

Last edited:

98z71

Established Member
Ya some people are trying to help out, atleast thats what I thought this site was for, but every once and a while you get a hater. Maybe he just doesn't like seeing a nicer Cobra. :lol1:

+1

And I wouldn't cut the H&Rs, I'd do like Screamin posted and just run the stockers and shave a coil off for a nice low stance and be done with it...if you don't feel like spending money on a different set of springs that is. If you have iso's then remove them, it'll drop your a little more.

saleenssc1989

Established Member
Thanks for all the help guys. I will def. check for the Iso's first, i imagine those might give me a 1/2" or so... And the advice on one coil equalling 2" drop was helpful i will use that measurement when and if i take some off of my H&R's. Your car looks bad ass Screamin Cobra!

Users who are viewing this thread