how to clean or delete my imrc's on 98 cobra

ChromeYellowCobra

Established Member
Cleaned my IMRCS Just thought i'd share, many pics here's a thread with pictures on the cleaning. Pretty much need a tooth brush rags and some carb cleaner. I used the dollar a can stuff from Walmart. Worked great

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply - yes just looking to clean mine. Great write up - thank you. Have been searching for a video tutorial online but no luck

boost88

Established Member
Yeah they're hard to find. Pictures are about the best you'll get. Sadly sn95 content on the internet is pretty well dead.

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
I have a couple of other tips. Use only soap and hot water to clean the gaskets and then you can reuse them no problem. Solvents may ruin them. If your temperature gauge sensor is a one wire sensor and you paint or powdercoat your crossover pipe, make sure you clean the paint or powdercoat off of the mounting tab so you get a good ground for the sensor. Or switch to a 2-wire sensor from a 98 Mustang and ground the other wire for an even better setup.

boost88

Established Member
I have a couple of other tips. Use only soap and hot water to clean the gaskets and then you can reuse them no problem. Solvents may ruin them. If your temperature gauge sensor is a one wire sensor and you paint or powdercoat your crossover pipe, make sure you clean the paint or powdercoat off of the mounting tab so you get a good ground for the sensor. Or switch to a 2-wire sensor from a 98 Mustang and ground the other wire for an even better setup.
Hey Mark are you still doing the imrc stuff and looking for parts? I've got a working set I'm gonna turn into deletes

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
I have figured out how to repair almost anything that breaks in the IMRC controllers. I have fixed a lot of them at this point. I will buy the controllers if people want to get rid of them, but I have to offer under market value for them to make it worth my while. You are probably better off just selling yours on eBay to maximize your money.

I definitely want to buy broken ones for parts.

Users who are viewing this thread