How to blow the doors off a Z06!

GR40Freak

Stig's American Cousin
Established Member
A 300HP Mustang with a Griggs Racing GR40 suspension runs down two 550HP track prepared C6 Z06 Corvettes.

Had to make this one for all the nay-sayers... All the cars have track wheels, tires and brakes. Watch it, its gooood!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LuIMB0JXpc"]YouTube- Griggs Racing GR40ST vs. C6 Z06 Corvettes at Thunderhill[/ame]

Last edited:

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
I'd say that was more of a driver running down another driver than a Griggs Mustang running down a C6Z06.

From what I see, the Z06 driver is timid in the turns and braking long and lean versus the driver in the Mustang.

IMO

-Kevin

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
Wow, this thread is timid compared to the same post in Pics & Vids where it's a ****ing shit storm.

Why do you guys think that is?

Last edited:

Gastrader1

Established Member
My Grigg's World Challenge car is by far the best track car I have ever driven or instructed in. I can drive deeper in to the corners and get back on the throttle much sooner than my other Cobra's. Mark Lamaskin/Performance Autosport and Don Rostich let me drive both of there Grigg's cars and I was hooked. I have spent thousands of dollars on other products trying make them work, but in the end I should have just spent the money on Grigg's and been done with it the first time. It only took me five Mustangs to figure this out.

David Hester

Established Member
I'd say that was more of a driver running down another driver than a Griggs Mustang running down a C6Z06.
um. yeah.

The Griggs torque arm makes a big difference with the Mustang, and I really liked it on my car, but it's not going to let you run down a well driven Corvette all alone.

I've seen a stock 2.3 Liter Ford Ranger powered car run a couple of laps with a Corvette...and a Grand Am GS prepared Mustang.... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0O5kSz1kWs"]YouTube- ARRC 2009[/ame] BTW the little mirror is to see a blind spot behind my seat, didn't realize we were in it looking back the other way.
We missed on our reareand gear selection, ran out of gear and didn't want to blow anything up, so backed off (1st time at Road Atlanta with the new car).

Last edited:

MFE

Established Member
Wow, this is thread timid compared to the same post in Pics & Vids where it's a ****ing shit storm.

Why do you guiys think that is?

Seems to me it comes down to the sub-forums' average IQ and average "mental age". I never come away from the OTR forum shaking my head and weeping for our future like I do regularly from the P&V forum.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I think (could be wrong) that going to see what the hoopla was about was my first foray into that forum.

I lead a sheltered life.:shrug:

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
My Grigg's World Challenge car is by far the best track car I have ever driven or instructed in. I can drive deeper in to the corners and get back on the throttle much sooner than my other Cobra's. Mark Lamaskin/Performance Autosport and Don Rostich let me drive both of there Grigg's cars and I was hooked. I have spent thousands of dollars on other products trying make them work, but in the end I should have just spent the money on Grigg's and been done with it the first time. It only took me five Mustangs to figure this out.

When Bruce Griggs introduced me to Don Rostich at SEMA 2008, he called Don, 'Mr. Smooth" because of Don's driving style and cool hand while under racing pressure.

Mark and Don are both well experienced pros at this game, good guys as well.

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
um. yeah.

The Griggs torque arm makes a big difference with the Mustang, and I really liked it on my car, but it's not going to let you run down a well driven Corvette all alone.

I've seen a stock 2.3 Liter Ford Ranger powered car run a couple of laps with a Corvette...and a Grand Am GS prepared Mustang.... YouTube- ARRC 2009
We missed on our reareand gear selection, ran out of gear and didn't want to blow anything up, so backed off (1st time at Road Atlanta with the new car).

The 200-250hp and apx. 700-800lbs. weight advantage of the C6Z lends to your opinion, but that car is not a top of the line GR40TT Mustang, it's a DD Mustang w/a GR40ST suspension. Not to diminish the OP's Griggs Mustang, but Griggs' '06 Mustang GT shop car outfitted with their GR40TT suspension, a Vortech supercharged 4.6 with 500hp and Hoosier R6's, is a whole lot different car then the OP's, one which has also taken out C6Z's on the track.

brkntrxn

Established Member
Guys, I am not going to knock the Griggs products. They make quality parts with good engineering from what I can tell. And the driving of whichever one of you that was in the Mustang was very good. However, until I see data that shows the same driver in both cars, I will stick with my "a driver beat a driver" opinion of this.

Show me the laptimes (with the same driver in both cars) and I will be a believer. I am not a disbeliever now, but I have been in Cobras, Mustang GTs, 350Zs, Porsche GT3s, FFR Cobras, Skyline GT-Rs, C5Z06s, C6Z06s at the track. And I have watched more than that go around the track. My point is I do not put faith in which car is faster, I put stock in the driver regardless of the car. I will say that I have never been in a Griggs equiped Mustang and I did not have any Griggs parts on my 99 Cobra track car.

Speed on track comes down to driver skill. Like David mentioned, I too have seen lesser cars chase down supercars at the track. Two years ago I watched a guy in a bolt-on Mustang GT with a homemade panhard bar setup chase down and harass a new Audi R8 all weekend long. Randy was damnit fast in that GT and a damn good driver, whereas the Audi R8 had a less than stellar driver and the technology of the car was hiding his lack of driving skills. He was the fastest in that particular run group that day, but the fact that Randy could run him down in his 02 Mustang GT just showed how fast he was not.

My .02. I am certain you have a differing opinion and that is fine. We live in America as far as I can tell (at least for now).

-Kevin

Last edited:

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
Guys, I am not going to knock the Griggs products. They make quality parts with good engineering from what I can tell. And the driving of whichever one of you that was in the Mustang was very good. However, until I see data that shows the same driver in both cars, I will stick with my "a driver beat a driver" opinion of this.

Show me the laptimes (with the same driver in both cars) and I will be a believer. I am not a disbeliever now, but I have been in Cobras, Mustang GTs, 350Zs, Porsche GT3s, FFR Cobras, Skyline GT-Rs, C5Z06s, C6Z06s at the track. And I have watched more than that go around the track. My point is I do not put faith in which car is faster, I put stock in the driver regardless of the car. I will say that I have never been in a Griggs equiped Mustang and I did not have any Griggs parts on my 99 Cobra track car.

Speed on track comes down to driver skill. Like David mentioned, I too have seen lesser cars chase down supercars at the track. Two years ago I watched a guy in a bolt-on Mustang GT with a homemade panhard bar setup chase down and harass a new Audi R8 all weekend long. Randy was damnit fast in that GT and a damn good driver, whereas the Audi R8 had a less than stellar driver and the technology of the car was hiding his lack of driving skills. He was the fastest in that particular run group that day, but the fact that Randy could run him down in his 02 Mustang GT just showed how fast he was not.

My .02. I am certain you have a differing opinion and that is fine. We live in America as far as I can tell (at least for now).

-Kevin

Good, well reasoned post, Kevin. You might just see some of the comparisons you mentioned in the not too distant future.

brkntrxn

Established Member
Jay,

I look forward to reading them. Please make certain to post the comparisons so we can read and learn.

-Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread