How to Beat a 445rwhp Cobra, need advise

BPLS1

Established Member
there is a guy at my work that has a nice redfire03 Cobra it has headers, itake , TB, Pulley, Diablo Tuner and just yesterday got dynoed. i know that i cant beat him right now but do u think i should take him with the ms3 cam ( same cam as TRMIN8R)? THANKS GUYS :thumbsup:

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
full bolt ons and tune well driven can hang with one that isnt super well driven.

a magic stick cam would definately have u winning this race.

Blue03Snake

Established Member
unless you consider nitrous or a supercharger a bolt on...your not gonna win...your going to definitly need a magic stick cam to even stay close.

BPLS1

Established Member
Ms3, Full Valvetrain, and ET Streets r Coming Soon, i still am going to have a Custom Tune 2. How Bad should he beat me as of now? i think it could poosibly b close if i can hook from a dig

C5_z51_6spd

Banned
for a c5 ls1, you'll need full exhuast, cai, and tune. for a z28, same as the c5, but also a cam and that should do it.

i just read your sig. oh yeah, that cam should pretty much do it. the 4.10s you have are a big addition and will help alot.

C5_z51_6spd

Banned
Blue03Snake said:
unless you consider nitrous or a supercharger a bolt on...your not gonna win...your going to definitly need a magic stick cam to even stay close.

with a cam alsong with his 4.10s, he'll have his win on lock

TerminatorS281

TWIN SCREWED!!!
Established Member
those magic sticks make pretty good power, whats the size of that cam again?? 237/242 113LSA??
I know the magic stick makes 380-410rwhp on a bolton LS1.
You will lose without the cam/N20.

Last edited:

TomballGuy05

Established Member
You see cam only LS1's running around with 400-420rwhp, albeit big cams but they're out there. I think you could stay close with the Magic Stick, but you would defiantly have the advantage if you added a set of heads along with the cam.

BPLS1

Established Member
He is the Fastest guy at my job with me in 2nd, i should b 400+rwhp with the MS3, i will also get the FAST 90mm Intake Manifold, and NM 90mm TB, then later on some ETP 215 Heads and a 125 shot Nitrous :rockon:

Hurley

Established Member
BPLS1 said:
He is the Fastest guy at my job with me in 2nd, i should b 400+rwhp with the MS3, i will also get the FAST 90mm Intake Manifold, and NM 90mm TB, then later on some ETP 215 Heads and a 125 shot Nitrous :rockon:
Hold out on the FAST intake. that intake is overkill on a 346. if you were going to go with a 408 then I can see you using that intake. Just get a LSX intake for your car if you haven't already got it. :coolman:

Brad03GT

Established Member
I have a buddy who has a '02 SS. (now has a forged 347, big ported heads, some .600 lift cam, FAST 90mm intake, all the bolt-ons, etc...) When his car was making 440rwhp (heads/cam) he raced a Cobra that was puttin down 480ish rwhp and the SS put about 2-3 cars on him from a 2nd gear roll (cant remember the speed).
I know this sounds like "I have a friend that race my friend", but Just trying to give you some perspective...

30th T/A

Established Member
Hurley said:
Hold out on the FAST intake. that intake is overkill on a 346. if you were going to go with a 408 then I can see you using that intake. Just get a LSX intake for your car if you haven't already got it. :coolman:

the 90mm LSX is perfect for a big cammed/heads 346. i know, i owed one and theres ALOT of people on the ls1tech site running them too. ive seen gains of 15-27rwhp. the guy that gained 27 had his 90mm ported. a non-ported 90mm should get you 15-20rwhp.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
BPLS1 said:
Get you launch down! You can rocket out of the hole and hope you make it to the the finish before him. Or once he catches up hit your brakes and make him think you stopped because you were tired of whooping him!

Wintermute

Banned
Hey 30th, nice sig with Chuck giving the beat-down to that insolent blond chick. Classic Chuck back-fist ! Thats only one step below the Shatner two fisted clubbing. . .

TNTramair

Established Member
you'll need approx 400rwhp to compete with a 445rwhp cobra. the weight differance makes up for the 45rwhp differance. throw a 150shot on there and be done with it...:D

BrokeUoff

Banned
my best advice on how to beat a 445rwhp cobra would be to have a better power-to-weight ratio than him. :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread