How to ajdust rear coilovers? (KW V3)

agent-orange

Established Member
HI guys

I have a KW v3 installed on my cobra and I need to adjust the height of the rear, cause it's about 5mm to low.

What do I have to do, that I can adjust the rear? I saw that it isnt so easy like the front and I didnt find a "how to" in the net. I would put the car on a
hydraulic ramp, so that the rear springs arent so much under pressure.

Are the rear shocks still under pressure when the car is on a ramp? Or can I lose them from the IRS without any problem?

THanks for any help

Anabolic

Banned
are yo usure you can adjust the rear? does it have a cam on it where you adjust it?
if they are coil overs they have cams, you need a spanner wrench. which looks like this
http://www.af1racing.com/store/ProdImages/PUoh0071002.jpg
see if there's pressure. If there's not you should be able to move them.. if there's pressure.. Before unbolting anything safety first & I would chain them to something you're not removing..

agent-orange

Established Member
Yes, I can adjust them and I also have the same spanner wrench. I already had the car on a ramp some weeks ago and it was possible to adjust the driver side. But on the passenger side I had some problems, cause when I tried to adjust it with the wrench, the hole thing turned around. So I thought there I maybe still to much pressure on it. When I lose the damper from the lower control arm, then I can adjust it without any problems I think.

0302Cobra

Established Member
I have been looking at this kit but I cannot find much on it that is 03/04 Cobra specific. How do you like it? Are the rears actual coilovers? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Anabolic

Banned
hold the nut in at the top, should be accessable in the trunk. then when you break the spanner nut loose just spray the shit out of it with grease/silicone

IA Shelby

Established Member
I would make a quick call to the company. Not the first time someone has had an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread