How my 2003 Mustang Cobra Gets Clean!

forcefed03

9tmare
Established Member
I got bored one sunday and decided to make a neat video. I decided to film myself washing the cobra. Im no professional washer, so i pretty much just washed it with Canuba Car Soap, Hand detailer, and this time i clay bar'ed it. Let me know what you guys think about the video :)

[youtube_browser]8z4X7z2_BgI&hd=1[/youtube_browser]

Glen

Established Member
Cool vid, nice car. I have a religious, ordered washing ritual. Roof, front glass, rear glass, deck lid, hood, rear bumper, then counter-clockwise around the car for the vertical panels. I use two buckets - one with soapy water, one with clean water. How long did it take you to wash/clay from start to finish?

GeoffGT

SVT Blumpster
Established Member
Cool vid, nice car. I have a religious, ordered washing ritual. Roof, front glass, rear glass, deck lid, hood, rear bumper, then counter-clockwise around the car for the vertical panels. I use two buckets - one with soapy water, one with clean water. How long did it take you to wash/clay from start to finish?

i clean in the same order.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I got bored one sunday and decided to make a neat video. I decided to film myself washing the cobra. Im no professional washer, so i pretty much just washed it with Canuba Car Soap, Hand detailer, and this time i clay bar'ed it. Let me know what you guys think about the video :)

[youtube_browser]8z4X7z2_BgI&hd=1[/youtube_browser]

OP you should visit a detailing forum (autogeek, autopia, etc) and get into real detailing. You sound like you love doing it, so might as well learn how to really detail a car?

A $2-300 investment (PC7424xp, pads, compound/polish, sealers/waxes) can go a long way.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Forcefed, your car is the reason why I want a black 03/04 and the reason why I blacked out my gt. Love your car!

forcefed03

9tmare
Established Member
took me about 2-3.5 hours start to finish.
OP you should visit a detailing forum (autogeek, autopia, etc) and get into real detailing. You sound like you love doing it, so might as well learn how to really detail a car?

A $2-300 investment (PC7424xp, pads, compound/polish, sealers/waxes) can go a long way.
Yea sounds like a good deal, i will look into it, thanks :)
Forcefed, your car is the reason why I want a black 03/04 and the reason why I blacked out my gt. Love your car!
Thanks man, im glad :)

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Looing good. What did you use to spray on your engine bay?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great video, and it compels me to detail my own car now. I'm not trained in detailing, but my '03 Cobra always looked showroom clean. Mainly because it got thoroughly washed every week and detailed monthly. The detailing including a thorough wash, a clay bar treatment, a Zaino polish application, and then a second wash. Your Cobra really came out good. Like others said, black is such a great color after its been detailed. Nice work!

04RiceEater

Established Member
Did you spray the auto detailer and then use the clay bar ontop? Ive always wanted to claybar my cars but not sure on the process? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread