How much?

lococobra03

Established Member
How much timing can I run with a dry 100 shot? Going to get it tuned for the shot and was just wondering..Mods are Whipple and all supporting mods at 17lbs of boost. It has 17degrees of timing on the current tune. Thanks for the help..

CobraSleeper

Established Member
I'd suggest increasing your boost and gain the extra 50 horses that route, unless you've already upgraded your internals? I've came across many fellow Cobra's that went the Nitrous route on stock internals and have regretted doing so in the end (Blown pistons, rods, etc.). Just my 2 cents.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
General rule is for every 50hp "shot" you want to remove about 2* of timing. I run about 23* peak timing on blower and 17* peak timing on a 90 shot, I went a little bit lower so I can safely run a 125 shot if I wanted.

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
I'd suggest increasing your boost and gain the extra 50 horses that route, unless you've already upgraded your internals? I've came across many fellow Cobra's that went the Nitrous route on stock internals and have regretted doing so in the end (Blown pistons, rods, etc.). Just my 2 cents.

Really? I've got to tell you we don't get much of that around here... unless ofcourse they are doing 5th-6th gear pulls.

Users who are viewing this thread