How much will stock block hold?

mikel

Modified Mustang
Established Member
Going to add supercharger over winter, wondering how much stock block can handle for how long? 10:1 right now, looking to drop with different head gaskets or pistons if nessasary. Open to all comments and suggestions from all. What combos, what kind of power and how dependable. How much before block splits?
Sorry, forgot to mention GT40 crate 306 with trickflow heads.

Last edited:

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
8 to 10 psi... depends on how healthy the motor is... you could blow it up on the dyno..

Helomech74

Established Member
Well, if it's an FRPP Crate GT40 motor, then the only real weak link in it for boost is the Hypereutectic pistons. They can handle a little heat, but with a real good tune, there is no reason why it can't hold 500hp. I had basically the same motor in my old notch, and it was making a hair over 510rwhp for well over 5 years. The tune is key to the life of the motor.

gt347mustang

Established Member
all in the tune!

make sure you get adequate fuel to it!!!! that is the reason half of the people here blow their shit!

red347

Banned
Don't worry about boost levels. Define it in HP levels. Its like making 12 pounds of boost on a non-PI headed engine. Put PI heads on it and boost drops. The more flow restriction the higher boost will go. The minute you start opening up the intake and exhaust boost drops.

forst1

Established Member
Don't worry about boost levels. Define it in HP levels. Its like making 12 pounds of boost on a non-PI headed engine. Put PI heads on it and boost drops. The more flow restriction the higher boost will go. The minute you start opening up the intake and exhaust boost drops.

i second that thought. hp levels will blow the block where boost will blow gaskets

Users who are viewing this thread