how much shop or ford dealer charge to change ATF and rear diff fluid

RAIDERS

Established Member
how much shop or ford dealer charge to change ATF and rear diff fluid , I think I will let either shop or dealer doing these 2 thing for me, first the car is too dang low, second I think the IRS need to be drop to change or its just too low, i can put any jack down there.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I wouldn’t have Ford do it. I’d take it to a reputable performance shop if your not capable. The trans is actually quite easy. The rear can be a pita. Only way to do it is pull the cover, re-seal, and fill. May as well do diff bushings at the same time jmho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hotcobra03

Established Member
Bet is cost alot..500 plus to do right. .

I never touched my trans fluid other than filling when I had front cover off for to sleeve@40k in 04..

Rear can be done in car but best if center was pulled and cover had a chance to seal 24hrs before fluid was added..in car it drips so long..

With rear being worked on fuel filter should be done than being it will be easy with rear moved..

Along with upgrades if that's a plan.

I only did front sub frame bolts and front of different bushings and rear inner toe link and rod...

Jacking these up is easy..drive up on boards to raise car..

zredfire04

Established Member
if you're going to change the rear end fluid (which is a waste IMO), you might as well install the FRPP diff cover.

some people claim a service interval of 150k for the rear, others say it's lifetime unless it gets submerged in water. my dad has an old f250 with an international diesel...has had at least 3 engines, but never had the rear end oil changed. truck has over 1 million miles on it.

Hybbs

Established Member
Transmission is easy. Pull the drain plug, drain fluid, reinstall drain plug. Remove your shifter, pour in 4 qts of your favorite ATF fluid through the top of your transmission. Reinstall shifter. Done. Diff fluid is a different story as you can see from previous posts.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Don't some places use a suction machine to fill/exchange diff fluid without removing the cover?

Users who are viewing this thread