how much rwhp would a 99 cobra need to beat an 03 cobra

foxsuperduty

Established Member
I am about to buy a terminater with a 2.93 upper pulley, a 4lb lower pulley, throttle body, plenum, and 4.10 gears and IRS brace. Bassani x-pipe and bassani cat-back exhaust also tuned they claim it has 450rwhp and 502rwtq?
and a friend of a friend claims he will rape me in his n/a 99 cobra, how much power does he have to have for me to be worried? thanks in advance.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
foxsuperduty said:
I am about to buy a terminater with a 2.93 upper pulley, a 4lb lower pulley, throttle body, plenum, and 4.10 gears and IRS brace. Bassani x-pipe and bassani cat-back exhaust also tuned they claim it has 450rwhp and 502rwtq?
and a friend of a friend claims he will rape me in his n/a 99 cobra, how much power does he have to have for me to be worried? thanks in advance.

I think you'll be OK if you can get traction .. on a side note ...that setup really needs a ported blower IMO ...

I have about the same mods + the ported blower .. see my numbers in the sig ..

Crowley

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
foxsuperduty said:
With those mods I would expect you'd be making more than 450rwrhp with that 2.93 upper and 4 lb. lower. You're up around 16.2 lbs. max boost. I'd expect closer to 460-470 with a good tune. Torque is spot on, though. As a comparison, I made 457rwhp with similar mods but with only the 2.90 upper (14 lbs. max boost). Regardless, unless your friend hooks better, drives much better, or is making more than 440rwhp I think you'll be fine. What mods does he have?

GodStang

Established Member
Your friend would need most likly full exhaust, CAI, UD pullies, head work or different heads, cams, 4.56 gears, alot of weight taken out, better tires, and a bottle or blower to beat you. If he is on stock motor I do not think it is possible for him to beat you without a power adder. My 01 Cobra had everything done to it but N20 or a blower and it still was crap for power and not that fast.

foxsuperduty

Established Member
I know he doesnt have spray or a blower. what else would I need to get if I had the blower ported? I aslo forgot to add that the car has a boost-a-pump allready, I think it is a kenny belle? I am picking the car up tomarrow, cant wait!!!! I'll just have to race him!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
foxsuperduty said:
I know he doesnt have spray or a blower. what else would I need to get if I had the blower ported? I aslo forgot to add that the car has a boost-a-pump allready, I think it is a kenny belle? I am picking the car up tomarrow, cant wait!!!! I'll just have to race him!
If it is a BAP, it is Kenne Bell's. Figure on a new MAF and switching to 60 lb. injectors would be recommended. I would also check your tune after porting the blower. Some require a retune (I did). Others don't. There are other supporting mods that would be recommended (like a HE and IRS strengthening) but not absolutely required.

foxsuperduty

Established Member
thanks for the quick info guys, a 2.93 upper pulley,and a 4lb lower pulley isnt going to hurt anything is it? is the stock eaton being way overspun?

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Are you serious or is this a joke? You've got over 150 rwhp and probably close to 200#'s more torque at the ground than he does. Your car will easily outrun his if it's n/a and not worked over hardcore....now, YOU may not be able to outdrive HIM, but thats a different story and we won't know till you both go race!

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
He's gonna need a KB blower to get to around 450 rwhp. So just race him and do it from a 30 mph roll.

On second thought something sounds funny. One would assume a guy who owns a 99 Cobra should know at least a little about an 03 Cobra. Tell us what he has done to his car.

Last edited:

Juiced-03

Established Member
sonic_4.6 said:
I can with 304rwhp... :eek: :beer:

:lol: good one

I had a 2001 Cobra with 4.30's, exhaust, intake, a little weight reduction, etc and there was no way it would even come close to my '03. Not even when my '03 was stock would the '01 have a chance. With those mods foxsuperduty listed there is no way a n/a '99 will come close, especially from a roll.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
sonic_4.6 said:
I can with 304rwhp... :eek: :beer:

Anything can happen on the streets but my brother has a lot more mods on his 99 than you do and I could give him a two car jump and still pull the paint off his doors as I went by. So, not saying you haven't beat a terminator, just saying not to expect to beat very many.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
You say he is n/a? No way he can run with you in a quarter mile. I've had an excellent running 01...and there is no way in this world it would run with a terminator. No way in hell. But if he wants to race you in the twisties, it's a different story. The 99 and 01 will put you away there. They handle that much better with the lighter front end.

Users who are viewing this thread