How Much rwHP Does It Take To Get An 03 COBRA Into The 11-Second Club?

Jahel'98COBRA

Established Member
Let's assume that the 1/4 mile pass is being made at a track that is at sea level with zero density altitude.

The reason I ask is that I have read about some 500 rwHP COBRA's that have managed bests in the low 12's.

Vortech equipped 96-98 COBRAs seem to get into the 11's with about 450 rwHP and good traction. Granted, they are about 200 lbs lighter than the 03's, use a centrifugal blower, and have a solid axle.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
It only takes about 400-450rwhp to get into the 11's. Its pretty easy.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
slicks, intake, x-pipe, and exhaust should get a good driver to high 11's.

slicks, intake, x-pipe, exhaust, tune, and 2.8 or smaller pulley should get a good driver to low 11's.

slicks, intake, x-pipe, exhaust, tune, pulley, ported blower, TB and should get a good driver to high 10's.

slicks, KB 19PSI, full exhaust, intake, TB, and tune should get a good driver to mid-low 10's

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
Originally posted by dgussin1
slicks, intake, x-pipe, and exhaust should get a good driver to high 11's.

slicks, intake, x-pipe, exhaust, tune, and 2.8 or smaller pulley should get a good driver to low 11's.

slicks, intake, x-pipe, exhaust, tune, pulley, ported blower, TB and should get a good driver to high 10's.

slicks, KB 19PSI, full exhaust, intake, TB, and tune should get a good driver to mid-low 10's

I agree!!

Marc

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A friend of mine from Rhode Island (Golfprowanabe) recently ran 11.9 @ 118 (if I remember right) on street tires. I believe he is putting down approx. 440 to the rear wheels. Intake, catback, 2.90" upper and a tune. And that was on a so-so track. The fact that he did it on street tires is commendable. "-)

Last edited:

fubu795

Banned
I ran an 11.97 with my mods.

If I remember correctly about 2 years ago the one mustang magazine put a lightening pulley on and full slicks and ran an 11.6 or something like that.

black10th vert

Established Member
I'm going to try today. cai, cb,2.8 and pred. Run 12.47 at 112 before the pulley and tune. Way more power ,just need to practice with the goodyears. wish me luck I don't break

Users who are viewing this thread