How much power you think my car will make?

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Normally I do not start threads like this becuase they are really dumb sometimes but I cant help myself, I am just too curious. Mainly I am wondering if anyone else has seen a setup close to mine dyno or more importantly run at the track, if so let me know your thoughts or what happened.

My existing mods list is in sig and I will be adding some ported heads, comp stage 3 cams, posi ported blower plenum and throttle body, 4lb lower, 60lb injectors, mafia, bap, 302 stroker kit, pistons that are 8.8 to 1 compression, and supporting mods. What you guys think I will make? over 550 rwhp? If i could make close to 600 on torco it would be awesome!

car made 445 rwhp and 473 rwtq on a conservative dyno with longtubes, 2.8 upper, intake and tune.

I assume the powerband is going to be slightly different but how different? I know a lot of variables are going on but give me any comments or observations you may have seen before, thanks.

Fat-cat

Established Member
still going to have to spin that eaton pretty hard to get to 600. Sound like your spending a fair chunk of change. i would skip the ported heads.. do the cams and slap on a 2.2 or a 2.3 whipple and go for 650.. but thats just me.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
still going to have to spin that eaton pretty hard to get to 600. Sound like your spending a fair chunk of change. i would skip the ported heads.. do the cams and slap on a 2.2 or a 2.3 whipple and go for 650.. but thats just me.

+1 ... if i was going to spend all of that money, i BETTER come out with more than 550hp.

03cobrarocks

Established Member

yea the reason I went with ported blower instead was because I know I want turbo one day. Thought about a 2.8 or 3.4 but they are damn near as expensive as turbo setup with the crusher/mammoth/behometh intakes. I could have made a lot more power for about the same money had I not gone stroker and not got cams, but I wanted something different from most people.

O well either way my car has always ran damn good because of my supporting mods, before it ran/hung with 500~ hp cobras.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
+1 ... if i was going to spend all of that money, i BETTER come out with more than 550hp.

yea I guess I know what you are saying, But I am the first onwner of the car had it since end of 02 and never plan on selling it. So what I am doing now is mostly to build stuff up so I wont have to do it when its time for some real horspower like a single 80 or maybe twin 61s :banana:

Plus I think people (especially cobra owners) underestaimate power under the curve too much.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
I'd think in the 550+ rwhp range with a good tune....

yea I hope! I am more curious to how it will run my car has always been a pretty strong runner. Went 11.6s in the quarter before my longtubes and tubular front... I have no idea what all this is going to do on top of the of those mods I never went to the track with :banana:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
This is a very unique combination. Regardless of the actual dyno numbers, it has the potential to be a VERY strong runner with the right suspension setup. Despite the Stroker kit, ported heads and cams, it will be interesting to see the just how much the Eaotn is a limiting facotr ot performance.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
This is a very unique combination. Regardless of the actual dyno numbers, it has the potential to be a VERY strong runner with the right suspension setup. Despite the Stroker kit, ported heads and cams, it will be interesting to see the just how much the Eaotn is a limiting facotr ot performance.

yes I am very curious! I have fully built solid axle with all the goodies,upr k member and drag specific springs up front, so hopefully the suspension will be good for the track. I was beating/hanging with cobras making 480+ before this and I was only making about 440. I have always tried to go with a less common setup :-D

Users who are viewing this thread