how much power with these mods? running vs a G35 SC

HectorCobra03

Established Member
I have a race vs a g35 SC suposely with 380hp at the wheels ,also a rematch vs a g35 NOS and probably a greddy TT 350Z

mi mods are :
k&n replacement filter
3.10 pulley
UPR X pipe

i all ready beaten one 350Z SC ,350Z NOS and g35 SC

and ran a car and 1/2 a car behind a NOS g35

these runs were with the stock cats

they have a club cosisting of 350Zs and g35s and are angry becose Im beating them with a cupple of "cheap" mods and they have spend lots of $$$

U guys thing that with the adicion of the X pipe I should beat the G35 sc and the g35 nos ?

how much HP should I have?

c-ya

numbaonestunna

Established Member
weird...

Unless you just didn't mention it, I'd say go with a catback... more gain than X-pipe because the stock mufflers are really holding you back (jap spec mufflers)... those should give you big overall gains (maybe 30-40 rwhp, since you're modded already)

Of all those, the one I'd worry about would be the greddy twin turbo... that could be mean if the guy in the 350 bothered to put forged goodies in... no problem getting that up to 500rwhp or so....

Last edited:

HectorCobra03

Established Member
Re: weird...

Originally posted by numbaonestunna
Unless you just didn't mention it, I'd say go with a catback... more gain than X-pipe because the stock mufflers are really holding you back (jap spec mufflers)... those should give you big overall gains (maybe 30-40 rwhp, since you're modded already)

Of all those, the one I'd worry about would be the greddy twin turbo... that could be mean if the guy in the 350 bothered to put forged goodies in... no problem getting that up to 500rwhp or so....

thanks for the repply

wich catback do you suggest?

jk03cobra

Established Member
Don't know what you're looking to spend, but you can pick up the Borla from many places for about $520. It sounds awesome. I'm not as familiar with the magaflow so I don't know the cost on that one. I'm sure you'll be happy either way though.

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
yea, film this.. i would love to see the results... my cousin has a g35, and wants to know how it will hang with my car after some mods... but if that guy has upgraded internals, and upped the boost.. you may be in for a suprise.. :-/

HectorCobra03

Established Member
Originally posted by ilumo
yea, film this.. i would love to see the results... my cousin has a g35, and wants to know how it will hang with my car after some mods... but if that guy has upgraded internals, and upped the boost.. you may be in for a suprise.. :-/

one of the guys in our local forum filmed the race betwen me and the NOS g35(408 at the wheels) as soon as he post this Ill linked to you guys

tell your cousin these are their 1/4 mile times

Nos Z350 vert 12.7 @ 112
procharged 350Z auto 12.1@116
procharged g35 13.2 @ 108
twin turbo 350Z auto 12.1@117
Nos g35 12.4@115

HectorCobra03

Established Member
Originally posted by jk03cobra
Don't know what you're looking to spend, but you can pick up the Borla from many places for about $520. It sounds awesome. I'm not as familiar with the magaflow so I don't know the cost on that one. I'm sure you'll be happy either way though.

thats a great price , localy a store was trying to sell me the borla for $900

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
damn.. those are some pretty good times for the Z's and G's... I guess they arent slow anymore after adding a s/c or T/c. Too bad its like 8000 for the kit.

btw, I got my stingers shipped for 450$. I got mine used though, but only 20 miles on the setup... so it was practically new. maybe look on the forums for a deal if you really want.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you want the most power out of a catback go for the Stinger. Great sound, too. JMO.

Flatliner

THE HEARTBEAT STOPS HERE.
Established Member
Damn Hector I wish I would have know you were out there... I've spent a few weeks out in SJU, where are you exactly. I was looking for the street racing for night time activities after work.

Have you taken your car to the track? You should be in high 12s already. You may think about going to a CAI as well, some people have seen a 1-1.5 lb increase in boost using the CAI in the fender... which in my opinion will help you since you use a bigger pulley. Most of the cars with the 2.xx will hit low 12s on street tires, 11's on slicks or D/R...

Next time I am out there I will let you know, I'll bring the camera too!

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
The best thing besides the CB is a cold air intake... Get a CAI... surprising that it wasnt the first thing!

D-Cobra

Established Member
yup. get the cat back, and then put a K&N FIPK. these should be able to put you ahead of the game.

slap on a 2.80 or 2.76 pulley and have the blower ported, and you would be untouchable to those nissans.

HectorCobra03

Established Member
Originally posted by Flatliner
Damn Hector I wish I would have know you were out there... I've spent a few weeks out in SJU, where are you exactly. I was looking for the street racing for night time activities after work.

Have you taken your car to the track? You should be in high 12s already. You may think about going to a CAI as well, some people have seen a 1-1.5 lb increase in boost using the CAI in the fender... which in my opinion will help you since you use a bigger pulley. Most of the cars with the 2.xx will hit low 12s on street tires, 11's on slicks or D/R...

Next time I am out there I will let you know, I'll bring the camera too!

i went one time wen i bougth the car,had no tracion 2.6on the 60ft 14.0@108 (it sucks)

hey! like U said if you come here again email me at [email protected] ,ill take you to the track and street racing ,i live about 15min. from SJ

HectorCobra03

Established Member
Originally posted by 351MachOne
The best thing besides the CB is a cold air intake... Get a CAI... surprising that it wasnt the first thing!

I wanted to keep a stock look wen I show the motor to the people I raced

Flatliner

THE HEARTBEAT STOPS HERE.
Established Member
If you are ever out here in Chicago let me know, I will do the same. We have started a local club www.chicagosvt.com

Dana developed a mod. for the guard to still put a pulley and idler, billetflow sells stealth ones no bling...

Check out the local site, the mod is there as svtp you can't search.

Users who are viewing this thread