How much power am I making?

98-svt-stang

Established Member
That’s right around what l was thinking accounting for 15% loss from crank to the wheels...

What about torque??

Anyone have similar mods and dyno numbers?

I have a 1998 cobra with a c head swap. Mine made 305 rwhp and 302 ft lbs of torque. Thats with mid length headers and 98 cobra cams but no under drive pulleys.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
You do you. Unless those numbers were the same car on the same day with the same dyno and same tuner and the pullies were the ONLY change then not valid. Also I can claim the same thing on the interwebs if I wanted to. Again, great thing is nobody is going to arrest anyone for running or not running them lol.

shurur

Established Member
You do you. Unless those numbers were the same car on the same day with the same dyno and same tuner and the pullies were the ONLY change then not valid. Also I can claim the same thing on the interwebs if I wanted to. Again, great thing is nobody is going to arrest anyone for running or not running them lol.

This is why I plan to do the nasvt recipe with dynos for each incremental mod...at $80 a dyno at Ramseys in Lutz...the UDP is the first mod after I get a baseline dyno...Then we will see.

If you use corrected numbers, you don't need to do them the same day...if so then I suspect there would still be arguments about them being morning and afternoon dyno times...

So for the record: You are saying that UDP (along with under-drive damper) will make NO RWHP??

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
I don't have any dyno sheets. I installed a set on a buddies 05 GT. He said it revved up quicker. I'm sure one could argue the placebo effect of a new mod in that case.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

shurur

Established Member
I don't have any dyno sheets. I installed a set on a buddies 05 GT. He said it revved up quicker. I'm sure one could argue the placebo effect of a new mod in that case.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk
Except I plan to get to the bottom of these mods, because I'm frustrated with the "anecdotal dyno" comparisons that don't even compare the same car before and after mods.!! I've questioned dynos and gotten the "Do you know who I am?" crap from them and how I haven't contributed to the mustang community..blah blah..it was on corral.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
I never said they wouldn't gain anything, I said they would gain 1-2whp at most. If that's worth it to you then go for it.

Hell, even with all the "bashing" I'm doing of these things I might even get the Steeda set myself just because my stock balancer is old and the Steeda (ASP) unit is stupid high quality and SFI certified. I am not expecting to see any power gain but maybe a smoother engine because of it. Unless I can get the crank pulley individually from Steeda or ASP, then I'll just get that.

shurur

Established Member
I never said they wouldn't gain anything, I said they would gain 1-2whp at most. If that's worth it to you then go for it.

Hell, even with all the "bashing" I'm doing of these things I might even get the Steeda set myself just because my stock balancer is old and the Steeda (ASP) unit is stupid high quality and SFI certified. I am not expecting to see any power gain but maybe a smoother engine because of it. Unless I can get the crank pulley individually from Steeda or ASP, then I'll just get that.

I think the hp gain is from the UDP in combo with the UD damper.
I might split them up when I dyno the mods. I'm sick of the lack of dynos that compare before and after mods on different cars too. I got load of crap on corral for daring to question dyno results and the conclusions by one of the gurus there. and told I was not a contributor to the community like he was. that's when i decided that i would dyno each mod....

I plan to make my car a test car for incremental mods. It will be a lot of money in dynos at $80 a pop at Ramsey's, but I have to know.

I'm resting now after working on the Audi for a year. then I have to take the mustang dash out to replace the evap and entire AC. I already have the parts for that..but I may find shit I don't like as I go in there (like i did on the Audi) that will hold me up. i also want to ID my intake, as it is a 99...and maybe swap it out first before my first base dyno.

Then.. I plan to start implementing the nasvt recipe.

Users who are viewing this thread