How much of a bad idea is this?

gearhead08

Established Member
I am currently thinking about getting the stripper TVS from vmp. The only problem is, I do not have an upgraded clutch nor do I have a 1 piece driveshaft.
I have seen some people here running with the stock clutch with over 600rwhp. I am just curious on what peoples thoughts are about this. I am going to the half mile carrabelle event here in florida on the 23rd of march. So that is the main reason I am getting this for. So it will have to hold up obviously for a half mile. Also over 145 mph because thats what I did last year with an upper only with tune and afco dual fan h/e. We can't do burnouts there so I am not doing crazy hard launches. I have nitto 555r drag radials they hook okay gotta feather first but nothing that should be shocking the drivetrain stupid hard which is why im curious if the 2 piece stock drive shaft will be just fine. Any and all input appreciated thanks!

SuperFly03

Established Member
I roll my current mods with stock clutch and stock driveshaft. Works just fine so far.

Note: power ratings not updated for TVS blower.

gearhead08

Established Member
Already went to event and back. I threw a can of torco in there with the 93 gas to make sure. Ran there fine did 156.6 mph in 1/2 mile. Not too shabby. I am happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread