how much is too much before i start breaking things?

Vinchenzo51

Established Member
i've got oval tb, 2.8 upper, afco he, catback, and a diablo "pretuned" chip, nothing crazy. I've just finished a 100 shot wet kit through a tb plate, and added a upr cold air intake. now i was thinking about putting on a new lower, maybe a 4lb lower maybe a 6, but i'm already running about 16lbs of boost, i dont want to do damage when i spray for the first time. I have an appointment next week to hit the dyno and get tuned for the nitrous but im debating changing the lower before then. will i max out my fuel system at some point? i'd like to hit the 600's with nitrous and maybe 7's for tq...

any thoughts? ... what would you do in my shoes?

twhitey

Established Member
Is your blower ported? If not I would hold what you got and get tuned for the 100 shot

Vinchenzo51

Established Member
my blower isn't ported, stock blower. What will my stock blower let me do along with my stock fuel system, can i hit the 6's with nitrous?

metaman

Established Member
If you put the UPR intake on that turns the corner and goes into the fender then you should remove it. The turn it makes before the mass air flow sensor screws up the MAF's readings and could kill the car, or just make it run like ass. I think you should wait on the lower pulley until after you have felt the hit of the nitrous. A 100 shot on one of these cars usually makes more than 100 HP. Your torque will probably easily be above 600 ft. lbs. I don't know about the HP, high 500's for sure though.

If you are running the wet shot off of the fuel rail or just before the fuel rail, you may have a lean spike when it hits because of the sudden pressure drop in the line that the computer needs a split second to compensate for. I know they are expensive, but I would seriously consider a progressive controller set for a 1-2 second ramp so the computer and pumps have a chance to compensate for the sudden starvation of fuel from the line.

If you are still running a 100% stock fuel system then you are not going to have enough fuel to supply both the injectors and the nitrous. You might be able to get it done with a boost-a-pump hooked up post FPDM on the stock pumps.

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
any more boost then what you already are on the stock eaton is just waste of time... you will be over spinning it and end up with peek hp at like 5k rpm

Vinchenzo51

Established Member
thats what i was looking to hear. ok so the upr will be gone next week, your the 3rd person to tell me almost the same thing. I've never heard of the progressive controller for fuel compensation, im going to have to look into that a little, see what thats about. but what would you recommend on doing about like evil04 said, would a ported eaton get me into the mid 600hp range with nitrous or do i just need to get a whipple/kb?

i've convinced myself i need new fuel rails, injectors, and a bap, maybe twin gt pumps, so maybe next time i fall into a quick 1000bux

Digital

Established Member
your going to struggle running 500rwhp with stock system, i wouldent even consider going near or above 500 with juice since a lean condition would be that much worse.
600hp isnt so bad, ur looking at inj, and a bap, thats all. 400$ if u get em both used.

metaman

Established Member
thats what i was looking to hear. ok so the upr will be gone next week, your the 3rd person to tell me almost the same thing. I've never heard of the progressive controller for fuel compensation, im going to have to look into that a little, see what thats about. but what would you recommend on doing about like evil04 said, would a ported eaton get me into the mid 600hp range with nitrous or do i just need to get a whipple/kb?

i've convinced myself i need new fuel rails, injectors, and a bap, maybe twin gt pumps, so maybe next time i fall into a quick 1000bux

If you are fine with running the nitrous then you wont need the twin screw to get to your current power level goals. For the set up you are going for now you will come close to 600 RWHP and be over 600 torque without the port. If you decide that the stock eaton with the 100 shot is not enough power for you then you can allways upgrade the blower by porting or putting a twin screw later on. Just spend the money right now to get the fuel system to where it is not on the edge. You won't need new rails unless you are planning on pushing more fuel through the injectors. I am not framiliar with how much fuel is needed on a 100 wet shot, so you will have to talk to your tuner about how much more fuel you need above and beyond a boost a pump. He will be able to tell if that is enough by looking at the fuel pump demand through the cars computer.

Last edited:

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
you need to talk to stanggt96.... i think that is his user name. search for him in the terminator talk section he posts a lot.

he is the nos man to talk too!!! he makes some sick power with his stage 3 ported eaton.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
You're fuel system won't have near enough fuel for the mods you have planned. You'll be fine adding a lower to your current combo, but it won't really shine until the blower is ported. You'll gain power and tq with adding a lower to that 2.80 upper you have, but your IAT2's will get up there pretty quick and you'll have to let it cool down a bit after some repeated runs. Porting the blower is cheap and helps lower those IAT2's for when you're spinning the blower that hard. But regardless a 2.80/4lb stock Eaton will outrun a 2.80 upper only stock Eaton every day of the week.

With the nitrous on your current combo you're going to run out of pump quick. I'd recommend extending the range of the MAF with a MAFia and wiring a BAP up to extend the range of the pumps. With those two mods you'll have no problems spraying a wet shot to get into the 600rwhp range.

As metaman pointed out ditch that UPR intake and switch it for a straight shot intake instead. And I'd highly recommend on the next round of mods going with a real custom tune from a reputable tuner instead of that canned tune garbage.

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Once I get all my issues figured out and the car to where I want it to be, im thinkin of puttin a 75 shot on my current setup. Im thinkin twin gt pumps, twin modified FPDM's, BAP and 60's. This should be enough to run a 2.2 with cams and the bottle shouldnt it?? Sorry didnt mean to hijack the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread