How much is the mystichrome option worth?

xenon

Established Member
I am looking to buy an 04 Cobra and I found one for $36,900 CAD = $31,851 USD.

It has 21,000 km = 13050 miles and its 100% mint condition.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I think you screwed up your CAD and USD conversion or have a typo ... Internet Converter shows a USD 31,851 USD. My window sticker on the Mystichome Convertible shows that the Mystic paint and Chrome wheels was a 3200.00 option. If your looking at a Convertible .. that is a decent price altho nothing to write home about. If your talking about a coupe the price is a bit high I would try talking him down a few thousand (3-5K canadian)

xenon

Established Member
RDJ said:
I think you screwed up your CAD and USD conversion or have a typo ... Internet Converter shows a USD 31,851 USD. My window sticker on the Mystichome Convertible shows that the Mystic paint and Chrome wheels was a 3200.00 option. If your looking at a Convertible .. that is a decent price altho nothing to write home about. If your talking about a coupe the price is a bit high I would try talking him down a few thousand (3-5K canadian)

yep.. your right.. I totally blew that conversion.. lol

Thanks for the feedback.

It's a coupe and prices for Cobra's in Canada are higher than US because we just dont have very many of them. This is the 1st mystichrome I have ever seen for sale used. Talking him down is worth a try thou :)

Thanks guys.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I've heard of some Canadian boys trying to buy cars here and get them back across the border because of the lack of cars there and the price when you find one. Sounds like a decent price to me in Canada.

By the way, there is a guy here from Australia who bought one, had it shipped, and then converted over to drive from the right side. I think he was in the car damn near 50K by the time he was done...and felt that was a bargain. So the price is all relative.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
I've heard of some Canadian boys trying to buy cars here and get them back across the border because of the lack of cars there and the price when you find one. Sounds like a decent price to me in Canada.

By the way, there is a guy here from Australia who bought one, had it shipped, and then converted over to drive from the right side. I think he was in the car damn near 50K by the time he was done...and felt that was a bargain. So the price is all relative.

Well you can drive by my house and look at my car if it is outside LOL! I will be here in iraq for another year at least .... so racing it is not an option at the moment ... I am going to be home in May .. I have a friend that runs top fuel and I am going to get him to go with me to the drag strip and get me some baseline ETs before I do any mods ... I will be honest here .... I can't driver for shyt on the drag strip.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
RDJ said:
Well you can drive by my house and look at my car if it is outside LOL! I will be here in iraq for another year at least .... so racing it is not an option at the moment ... I am going to be home in May .. I have a friend that runs top fuel and I am going to get him to go with me to the drag strip and get me some baseline ETs before I do any mods ... I will be honest here .... I can't driver for shyt on the drag strip.

Stay safe RDJ...and thank you for what you do.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sometimes the price isn't the sole determining factor as far as a purchase. If, for example, a 2004 Mystichrome with 12K - 15K miles is selling for $29K - $30K and you find one that is about as perfect as it could be, with 13K miles, and you love it so much you want THAT one, then paying an extra thousand or so isn't a big deal. I'd feel crappy if I let it go because I wasn't willing to pay the owner's price (within reason of course) only to never find another one like it again. JMO.

The majority of buyers are looking for a nice car at a nice price. But there are those who have a greater eye on car quality, mileage, etc.

BWH2003

Established Member
Heres the thing. Mystichrome will always be around. Out of 5000 or so cars built in 04 1000 of them where mystichrome. So out of everyone 1 out of 5 cars is a mystichrome car. It is a nice paint job I will grant you that but ford could have at least made them like the comp orange vert and made 72 of them. That way their value would hold no question. If you do a search on here or any where else, you will find that there are a ton of mystichromes for sale. Just wait for a good price on one. Not a low ball price but a great price for the right car. You will find one eventually. Your only problem is your in canada and that is going to be a lot harder to find up there.

MystichromeVert

Established Member
lol... the eternal mystichrome 'limited edition' debate...

how many comp orange vehicles do you think were produced in 2004? I know how many mystichrome vehicles were produced...

MystichromeVert

Established Member
My point was, you can manipulate statistics to justify whatever opinion you hold of the mystichrome package.

Don't think they're all that special?
1000 mystichrome cobras / 5000 '04 cobras = 20% of all '04 cobras

Have a neutral opinion?
1000 mystichrome cobras / all '03/04 cobras = 5% of all '03/04 cobras

Think they're fairly uncommon?
1000 mystichrome mustangs / all new edge mustangs (since your avg driver doesn't know the difference between a v6, GT or Cobra) = < 0.01%

Think they're awfully rare?
1000 mystichrome vehicles / all vehicles on the road = approaching zero %

SpectorV

Established Member
I really wanted a mystichrome 04 but the price was just to high, they are very nice though. To bad you can go pick up the color (sure its alot but its available) I wish ford would have done 250/250 on them instead of 500/500~ .... but if I try to get one later on this will be in my favor to some degree :)

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
RDJ,
Did you buy yours in Austin?

No, Mine was purchased for me in South Carolina and then driven to Austin....

A word about rarity ... This is MY OPINION only Ya'lls will undoubtly be different....

To pin the Rarity of a car based on Color is just plain silly in my opinion ... they are colors ... every vehicle comes in one ... Some are more "desirable" than others .. The production numbers (1010 mystichrome or 353 copetition orange or 595 Rio Red) don't mean shyt other than there were 353 people who wanted Copetition orange and 595 people wanted Rio Red) The only exception to this was the Mystichrome ... I belive Ford stated from the get go that there would only be a thousand of those made. Other than that it was strictly a matter of the guy buying the car wanting the color it was made in.

Down the road, again in my opinion, the only colors that will maintain their 'collectability' is the 96Mystic, the 04 Mystichrome and perhaps the Competion Orange. Why, because they are different and somewhat unique since it came that way from the factory. How much will that fact increase their value .. not a whole lot in my book. when the rest of the Terminators are selling for 50K in 20 years .. the mystic MIGHT be selling for 55K ... Buy and sell the car based on the color you like and the fact you like Cobras ... buying or selling a car based or rarity of Color is just not justified in my book

MystichromeVert

Established Member
RDJ said:
To pin the Rarity of a car based on Color is just plain silly in my opinion ... they are colors ... every vehicle comes in one ... Some are more "desirable" than others ..

That's the thing though... it's not just a different color. It's a factory option that included the seats and the steering wheel in addition to the paint. The seats and steering wheel were also automotive industry firsts (color changing leather).

Look at the old muscle cars that are worth a crapload today... it's not the limited-run colors that are pulling the big bucks... it's mostly the cars that had 'desirable' factory options.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
MystichromeVert said:
That's the thing though... it's not just a different color. It's a factory option that included the seats and the steering wheel in addition to the paint. The seats and steering wheel were also automotive industry firsts (color changing leather).

Look at the old muscle cars that are worth a crapload today... it's not the limited-run colors that are pulling the big bucks... it's mostly the cars that had 'desirable' factory options.

Which is why I said later in my post that the Mystics (both 96 and 04 were likely to survivie on the desirible list) :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread