how much is the 9.75 good for?

busakiller

Established Member
does anybody know or have a link with some really fast trucks with 9.75's out back. 9in are expensive but im going to ladder bar my truck. i dont want to do it twice.

thanks.

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
I know it does not help a lot but I will continue to run my 9.75 rear end. I will be making upwards of 1500rwhp and have no doubts. You'll be fine but if your wanting the little bit of weight savings then I'd say go 9".....

busakiller

Established Member
I know it does not help a lot but I will continue to run my 9.75 rear end. I will be making upwards of 1500rwhp and have no doubts. You'll be fine but if your wanting the little bit of weight savings then I'd say go 9".....

i know 1200rwhp will not be a problem for me to make. in fact, i think its going to be hard not to. anyway, i know these rear ends are pretty badass, i just dont know how badass and how far they can be pushed. like i said earlier, im just trying not to ladder bar this thing twice.

FordFanStan

Established Member
busa, I know several who have swapped over the the 9". Some ranged from approx $4k and some to well over $10k. All depends on what your goal and what you want. I fyou just wan to do it nice and cheap and have a decent quality rear-end, I would go to Nloc.net and search Casey02L. He did a swap for around $4k including all parts iirc, and it consisted of a very nice Moser "9. Next step up, IMO, is spend a little more and get a tad bit nicer Strange, we did this in the DMP truck and just relocated the leafs inboard the frame rails. The cost of the Strange 9" was around $6k. Frank5L did the same thing, he swapped leafs inboard and then installed a 9", I do not know which brand however.

Then the coolest thing to date I think is NOSurprises backhalfed truck. You may want to PM him, I do not think he wants to publicly share all his info, but is a very very badass 9" rear.

And of course, if you want the absolute best name and rear, go Mark Williams!

01whiteL

Established Member

thats alot of f'n rwhp.....

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Yeah it is. Curious as to how much I will actually be able to use though LOL

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
what trans do you plan on using?

I will be using a 4R100 BTS transmission with his new transbrake. I doubt very seriously I will break it but I'd assume it will be heavier than most others available. I just refuse to go with a transmission w/out a locking convertor.

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Na Derek I will not be driving this on the street. Well it might go out once just for the hell of it but not gonna be like it was before by anymeans.

I want a locking convertor because the turbo needs load to sustain boost. From talking with quite a few knowlegable people about this they say I'll lose about .3's by the end of the 1/4 not having a lockup convertor.

FordFanStan

Established Member
What's your reasoning for getting rid of the c-clips?

Alot of the racing classes outlaw the use of c-clips to be used on the axles. To getaround this you can use a 9" rear or a c-clip elimnator clip if you run a 8.8" or 7.5" rearend. To my knowledge noone makes the eliminator clip for the 9.75". FFS

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Alot of the racing classes outlaw the use of c-clips to be used on the axles. To getaround this you can use a 9" rear or a c-clip elimnator clip if you run a 8.8" or 7.5" rearend. To my knowledge noone makes the eliminator clip for the 9.75". FFS

I know what c-clip eliminators are (put together a friend's 12-bolt in his Chevelle that had them). Didn't know that was in the rules. I was under the impression that the c-clip eliminators were mainly just for quicker center section changes on the removable type housings. So I thought it was kind of strange to have them on a standard housing, that makes more sense now since the rear end I put together was originally built for a purpose drag car (I changed out the 4:30's and spool for 3:73's and a True-Trac). Most road racers stay away from c-clip eliminators because of the possibility that the axle could slide out under extreme heat + cornering loads.

Thanks Stan:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread