how much hp from n/a

john123456

Established Member
ok so how much hp can i get out of a n/a 4.6 with 11.1 comp still use the b heads with better cams short runner and imrc delete. and what else could be done for more power but keep it a dd street able setup? thanks for any info ps would have lt s intake ect just talking about motor itself atm on 93 octane gas

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
There has been a couple members in here that have made over 370rwhp using B heads, short runner and cams. You might get really close to 400rwhp if you clean up the heads too, and by cleaning them up I don't mean a stage 3 port job. The B heads just need a little bit of work to make them shine.

However, if you really want your money's worth for the trouble you might as well swap to C heads. You will make more n/a power and more midrange power with the C heads. If you plan on building the engine anyway why not take advantage of the engine being out and swap heads? You can get a good pair of used C heads in the market section and send them to get some work done.

john123456

Established Member
yeah i was thinking about the c head swap but id really like to keep it looking the way it does so i didnt wanna use the 01 intake. and with c heads /intake i guess u just have the imrc s tuned out since it doesnt have them? id be happy with 350 rwhp thou

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Stock engines with cams, short runner and headers can be in the 350rw range. Ported heads do little for power and will not get you close to 400rw.

Ncalsvt

Established Member
Stock engines with cams, short runner and headers can be in the 350rw range. Ported heads do little for power and will not get you close to 400rw.

what cams do u suggest for a 340/350 hp,i have everything ready to go in execpt the cams, i saw the list u made on another post,so i went off that, just need the cams and which harmonic balancer do u reccomend, to the o/p sorry if it seemd im thread jacking just figured it was a good time to ask, and get some good info we can all use,thanks

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
what cams do u suggest for a 340/350 hp,i have everything ready to go in execpt the cams, i saw the list u made on another post,so i went off that, just need the cams and which harmonic balancer do u reccomend, to the o/p sorry if it seemd im thread jacking just figured it was a good time to ask, and get some good info we can all use,thanks

I like the the Crower stg 3s but they require valve springs. The comp 106100s and 106160s use stock springs and work good also.

Last edited:

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
I like the the Crower stg 3s but they require valve springs. The comp 106100s and 106160s use stock springs and work good also.

Make sure you tell them that if springs are not even needed that they should be replaced. Everyone must go through that experience once in their life. :rolling:

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Make sure you tell them that if springs are not even needed that they should be replaced. Everyone must go through that experience once in their life. :rolling:

+1 If only you could have seen what I rigged up to compress my valve springs.

I'm glad I had a bunch of extra valve guides too, because they were flying all over my room! haha

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member

I had to mess with two springs on my heads when the locks got screwed up putting a solid lifter in... sucked donkey balls even with the heads off the motor untill I got a proper spring compressor. The OTC tools suck.

I wouldn't even think about trying to do it with the heads in the car at this point.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member

I'll volunteer for a colonoscopy or an anal cavity search before changing valve springs.

Users who are viewing this thread