How much HP block hold

fastmach01

Cammed Mach FTW
Established Member
I have been trying to figure out how much just a mach 1 block will handle. I have read 700ish also i have seen where people are hitting 1200ish. I have seen people say if you dont stroke them they will hold 1000+ but i just want a straight answer becasue i cant find what im looking for

Last edited:

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
There is no pre-defined limit. Just ball parks from where people have broken it when.

If you are looking to make more than 1000hp, budgeting a good block shouldn't be an issue.

fastmach01

Cammed Mach FTW
Established Member
There is no pre-defined limit. Just ball parks from where people have broken it when.

If you are looking to make more than 1000hp, budgeting a good block shouldn't be an issue.

I already have manley rods and cp pistions in my car now. I was looking ti see if it would be safe and turn boost up with race gas

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
i was going to have Roy build mine instead of the eaton swap and the set up he quoted me was good for 1000hp with my existing block. theyre strong, i wouldnt worry about it

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
i was going to have Roy build mine instead of the eaton swap and the set up he quoted me was good for 1000hp with my existing block. theyre strong, i wouldnt worry about it

Ive also heard 1000hp, you see what some terminators make on stock motor, pretty sure its the same block.

GRFox

Established Member
Ive also heard 1000hp, you see what some terminators make on stock motor, pretty sure its the same block.

Terminators have a cast iron block. Mach 1s have an aluminium WAP block which is said to be the weakest modular block. Although people throw numbers around as to the limit, I have yet to hear of someone breaking one, even online in all the forums.

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
Terminators have a cast iron block. Mach 1s have an aluminium WAP block which is said to be the weakest modular block. Although people throw numbers around as to the limit, I have yet to hear of someone breaking one, even online in all the forums.

I stand corrected, maybe im thinking of a regular GT block?

NastyNate420

Established Member
1000hp+ our block are WAP aluminum blocks as stated and the Termis have cast iron.
I have NOT heard of any WAP block failures. I have however heard of some cast crankshaft failures

Users who are viewing this thread