How much does SVT Performance package add to used car price?

GT500wantabe

Established Member
I took my electronics struts/shocks off my 2013. I'm now set up for drag racing so those really weren't idea for my purpose. Anyway how much will I lose on resale with race shocks on the car vs. these? I have them listed for sale in the GT suspension market but not sure I should sell or just keep. I really don't plan to sell the car anytime soon.

Snoopy49

Established Member
A lot of people return their cars to stock before selling. I would keep all the stock parts and sell the mod parts separately when you sell the car.

GT500wantabe

Established Member
My problem is I'm a long way from stock and don't have some of my stock pieces. But yes, this would be a good selling feature even selling it modded.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
If you're interested in drag racing, I'd like to buy a take off set to be sent in and reprogrammed to be better suited for drag use.
Basically keep the dual mode Bilstein factory function but have a street and strip setting.
I've already talked to Bilstein who can re-valve in California, as well as 2 aftermarket guys who might be able to do something.
If you're willing to sell them for a fair price, I'd help you get a set done with mine.
PM me if interested.
I would've had this project further along if the engine hadn't blown :(
-J

GT500wantabe

Established Member
If you're interested in drag racing, I'd like to buy a take off set to be sent in and reprogrammed to be better suited for drag use.
Basically keep the dual mode Bilstein factory function but have a street and strip setting.
I've already talked to Bilstein who can re-valve in California, as well as 2 aftermarket guys who might be able to do something.
If you're willing to sell them for a fair price, I'd help you get a set done with mine.
PM me if interested.
-J
Are you saying you can get two sets done cheaper than one is why you would want to send mine in at the same time? Would be good to be able to reinstall mine so I don't lose value of my car. And if they had at least one position that was suited for drag racing. With normal mode they are a little too tight for drag racing. How much does this cost to get them re-valved?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
PM me if interested.
-J

That's an interesting project. Have you had any setup like that yet?

Kapy

Established Member
i took my electronics struts/shocks off my 2013. I'm now set up for drag racing so those really weren't idea for my purpose. Anyway how much will i lose on resale with race shocks on the car vs. These? I have them listed for sale in the gt suspension market but not sure i should sell or just keep. I really don't plan to sell the car anytime soon.

Sorry about that reply, I don't know why the rest of the message didn't go through or why it came out the way it did, weird. Anyway you shouldn't lose any value because who at the dealership would know unless you disclosed this information.

Last edited:

GT500wantabe

Established Member
Sorry about that reply, I don't know why the rest of the message didn't go through or why it came out the way it did, weird. Anyway you shouldn't lose any value because who at the dealership would know unless you disclosed this information.
No problem. I've decided to sell if anybody needs them. I looked on Tasco site and without springs or strut mounts the four are priced at $1241. Add the springs, mounts and labor to install the springs you have another $300-400. I have them priced at $600 obo. I feel that's fair and they are ground for camber adjustment and springs with mounts already installed.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...T-Performance-Package&p=15268889#post15268889

Last edited:

Clemson

Established Member
At this point in the game, there is very little difference in price between base 500's and PP cars from what Ive seen.

Kapy

Established Member
Yeah, no doubt unfortunately. But it's normal. Give it about 15 years.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
That's an interesting project. Have you had any setup like that yet?

I have not Travis, but I spoke with Evan Smith at an NMRA event before I ordered my car and skipped the Track Pack and almost the SVTPP, but kept the SVTPP so that I could have the dual mode suspension.
I'm only a street/strip guy, so this has been the plan the whole time---make this a serious street car that can go to the strip easily with few compromises.
My garage and engine builds are the priority, but I've spoken to a few people interested.
As soon as I can, I'll try and pull this off and keep you guys posted.
-J
:beer:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
No problem. I've decided to sell if anybody needs them. I looked on Tasco site and without springs or strut mounts the four are priced at $1241. Add the springs, mounts and labor to install the springs you have another $300-400. I have them priced at $600 obo. I feel that's fair and they are ground for camber adjustment and springs with mounts already installed.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...T-Performance-Package&p=15268889#post15268889

Replied to your post.
Thanks, J

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I believe there is a difference and the spread will increase over time. The PP has a Torsen and adjustable suspension. Those are items that can't easily be added to a base car.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread