How much does a new tune run you???

jerardogav

Established Member
I paid 350 for the tune it took about 3 hours letting the truck sit between pulls to cool down a little.

LSUstang05

Established Member
Even with as radical of a setup as I have with a full built motor, stage 3 heads/cams, twin screw kb, full weldon fuel system, 80 lb injectors, and the changeup of running a 02 HD computer in my 00 HD, JLP has always gotten my truck dialed in within 2-3 hours on the dyno, and usually for multiple setups, street, race, etc. If it takes 9 hours just to get a tune right, I'd find another tuner :rofl: Especially if its on a stock block, eaton, with a few bolt on's! If its a first time tuning a turbo setup or something more radical like that I could understand it, or if it was chasing gremlins down its another thing, but for just a tune, shouldn't take more than a couple hours.

Majority of those prices listed above are just ridiculous

I honestly don't know exactly how long it took him. I dropped it off at 9am and went back at 6pm to pick it up. I was in class all day and couldn't be there to pick it up. I know I got a call around 4pm telling me it was ready but I'm not sure when he started. From what I was told by one of the guys there, he didn't start until around 1pm though as he had a Cobra he was tuning that day as well.

Harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
Established Member
I honestly don't know exactly how long it took him. I dropped it off at 9am and went back at 6pm to pick it up. I was in class all day and couldn't be there to pick it up. I know I got a call around 4pm telling me it was ready but I'm not sure when he started. From what I was told by one of the guys there, he didn't start until around 1pm though as he had a Cobra he was tuning that day as well.

pretty much dissolves your entire justification for the price then :hh: lol

Users who are viewing this thread