how much can a centerforce dual friction clutch handle

03ineedacobra

Banned
i just got a t56 yesterday with a barely used centerforce dual friction clutch..centerforce to me the holding power was 650 at the flywheel..i took it to the shop (modular madness)and they told me not to use it get a spec 2+ or spec 3,i dont have the money and time for this anymore do u think the centerforce will hold up they say my car will be making probaly 700 at the fly 550+ at the wheels..let me know what u think i should do asap ive see kenne bell 03-04 cobras on stock clutchs with over 30k on it..let me know what yall think

Adroitmustang

Established Member
Ive got a dual friction in my car (26 spline). Although I have not dynoed it, by looking at the other posters and there numbers i would say i easily have 700+ at the flywheel and its holdin up fine.

Dont junk it till its spent

ps ive heard bad things about spec, go with a DFX if anything

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
DF lasted only 800 miles on my car,650+rwhp. Also had a friends car only get like 1500 miles, whipple 17psi, 580rwhp.

I would say <500 if you want it to last.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
My personal experience is that the 26 Spline Dual Friction that is currently in my car has held up great. I broke it in for a hundred or so miles and then let her rip. I was running a KB @19lbs with Crower Stage III Stix and some laughing gas. I believe its a great clutch for up to the 600rwhp range. After that I would recommend the DFX. We have these in stock all the time so if you're in need of one visit our site or feel free to give us a call and we'll sort you out. Thanks, Jared

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
My buddy has the CF Dual friction in his 93 GT with the T56 and he laid down 870 hp on low boost (15 lbs) with a 331 stroker and T88 turbo and his clutch grabs and goes with no problems.

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
3500lbs, 5000RPM launches, 612hp,701lbs.tq, and multiple high1.4sec. 60' times. ohh, and nearing 25,000 miles on this dual friction.

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
ohh, and i hate spec clutches on anything but a pure race car. they are very on-off. no slip to them. atleast thats been my experince with em.

TRBO VNM

I have friends who have fried the CFDF in a matter of weeks. then they put the DFX in and all is well. I have the dfx and I am making over 700 to the tires and no problems here. they make a 26 and 10 spline model.

03ineedacobra

Banned
thanks yall i guess im am going to take my chances or do u think i should just sell my dual friction disc and get a dfx to be safe and use my pressure plate..how can i use my 10 spline centerforce dual friction if i upgrade to a 26 spline..or do i just have to get a 26 spline clutch setup

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
03ineedacobra said:
thanks yall i guess im am going to take my chances or do u think i should just sell my dual friction disc and get a dfx to be safe and use my pressure plate..how can i use my 10 spline centerforce dual friction if i upgrade to a 26 spline..or do i just have to get a 26 spline clutch setup
You have to get the 26 spline clutch setup.

Users who are viewing this thread