How Many Pounds?????

cobra_strike

Banned
hi i have a 98 cobra on 12 pounds , im on southfloridastangs.com , i have forged internals n pistons , i was wondering how many pounds my stock block can take , im running a vortech t-trim with an anderson power pipe @ 612 rwhp

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
The teksid block has been tested at 2000+hp with no problems at all. Hey bro PM me your setup.

cobra_strike

Banned
DYNO 612 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER AT 6000 RPM
27,956 ORIGINAL MILES

ENGINE - STANDARD BORE, MAHLE FORGED 8.5.1 PISTONS MANLEY RODS, STOCK COBRA CRANK, STOCK BLOCK

HEADS HAVE BEEN SLIGHTLY PORTED WITH MANLEY HIGH REV VALVE SPRINGS AND RETAINERS, REUSED STOCK CAMS

BOLT ONS- VORTECH T-TRIM SUPER CHARGER, VORTECH AFTER COOLER, ANDERSON POWER PIPE ACT 2600 MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR, 60LB INJECTORS, AERO MOTIVE ADJUSTABLE FUEL REGULATOR, AERO MOTIVE EXTERNAL RACE FUEL PUMP 255 LPH INTANK PUMP, BBK LONG TUBE HEADERS, BBK EXPIPE MAC CAT BACK EXHAUST

SUSPENSION - D&D K MEMBER, D&D A ARMS QA1 12 WAY ADJUSTABLE STRUTS QA1 COIL OVER KIT D&D C/C PLATES, WELD IN FRAME TIES UPPER AND LOWER REAR CONTROL ARMS QA1 ADJUSTABLE REAR SHOCKS, 4:10 GEARS, AUBURN LOCKER 31 SPLINE AXLES

EXTERIOR MODS - REAL SALEEN S281 WING, CERVINI'S SIDE SCOOPS, CHROME BULLET WHEELS FRONT TIRES 255 45'S REAR TIRES ARE M/T DRAG RADIALS 275 45:17

TRANS- stock trans with forged gears , stage 3 clutch, pro 5.0 short shifter, hurst 45 shift knob , fidanza clutch

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'm telling yea bro your block is not going to break. That's the least of your worries trust. Search on here for teksid blocks. They don't break lol.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
ok, the bullshit is flying like mad.

your car did not make 612rwhp at 6000rpm with 12 psi. no way, no how.

stock cams and a mild "clean up" port with 8.5cr and 12 psi would give you maybe 535rwhp.

It seems like you just bought this thing, throw it on a dyno and prepare for disappointment.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well I think that it is possible. If scotty98 got 578rwhp on 12lbs of boost from an S-trim at 6k I can believe 600rwhp on a T-trim considering it flows more CFM. It looks like the only thing that may be different is the compression of his motor versus the stock compression of Scotty's car. does compression really make that big of a difference?? And some head work is done as well to this guys car..
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495874
Check it out. :shrug: but I guess I'll just wait to see the dyno sheet..

Last edited:

rubber duck

Established Member
It's well known that some dyno's spit out huge numbers, and some dynos spit out low numbers. The equalizer is the track. There's no way a stock cube 4 valve is making 600+ on 12 psi from a t-trim with some light work on the heads on the same dyno I strap my POS down on.

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well IDK, I was just saying that Scotty's car did it why can't his?? No doubt that we need to see a dyno sheet but shouldn't we give this guy the benefit of the doubt?? Scottys car doesn't have head work done, doesn't have the fuel system, doesn't have the T-trim. His car put down 578rwhp. Maybe this dyno does spit out rediculous number who knows. I also realize the Scotty has been around a lot longer and this guy could just be tool and lurking but yea just saying..

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Sounds believable to me with a lot of timing and such, can you post the dyno sheet??

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread