How many of you installed your LT's yourself?

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
my longtubes will be here shortly and wondering if my install will be easier than others, cause i had to change my head gasket, so my motor is sitting on the UPR K-member unbolted without the trans and stock mainfolds removed. Should i be able to install the headers without lifting the motor? or will i have to lift it out alittle bit to install them, and with the longtubes on, will the motor have enough clearance to drop back in. thanks.

Remember that certain headers will give you hell with the removal and install of the transmission. I would first make sure that whatever brand header you bought will allow you to install the trans without issues. If not then I'd suggest installing the transmission before installing the headers so you don't have to remove the pass side after you already installed it.

99BlownVert

Established Member
Remember that certain headers will give you hell with the removal and install of the transmission. I would first make sure that whatever brand header you bought will allow you to install the trans without issues. If not then I'd suggest installing the transmission before installing the headers so you don't have to remove the pass side after you already installed it.

yep thats why i am buying a k member, I have mac long tubes with the factory k member and I did a tranny install with it. Turns out it was a noisy tranny so now i am doing it again and putting a k member in for room this time

dark-knight

Established Member

You think it will kick my ass even if i keep the headers loose, then bolt the trans down, and thennn tighten the header bolts?

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
You think it will kick my ass even if i keep the headers loose, then bolt the trans down, and thennn tighten the header bolts?

What brand headers did you go with? If MAC then you will be able to squeeze the trans in to place but if BBK then I would just wait to install the pass side IMO. If you went with kooks or american racing I honestly do not know how those are with trans removal/install.

dark-knight

Established Member
i wouldnt mind a stiffer trans mount. has anyone made their o2 sensor wires longer rather than just order extensions?

Users who are viewing this thread