How many miles should a new cobra have?

99cobraclone

Established Member
Originally posted by Ricks2003Cobra
Mine had 40. 25 on dealer trade drive down from St Pete to Bradenton. Another 10 I figure at St Pete dealership. I had to replace tranny and entire clutch assembly at 4000 miles. All done under warranty. My dealer guessed it was hot rodded before break in period. Be careful of any miles over 5-10. Demoing is dealer choice so you just don't know.

damn now I'm all worried again.

jeffsavage

Established Member
Originally posted by jeffsavage
Only reason new Cobra should have over 5 miles on it would be if it had been a "tester" for SVT. They randomely pull cars after assembly and internally test them for quality purposes. So, in this aspect having a few miles on them would be great! As you know SVT tested it and it had no issues. But I was told by my SVT dealer that they didn't give test drives on Cobras or Lightnings. (I think that was there local policy, not SVT policy) My Lightning when I bought that had 6 miles on it, the Cobra 5.
IMHO if a new SVT has 50 miles or more on it that = being beat to $h1t by dealer monkeys or consumers. Bad news, if it was me I would NOT accept a "new" vehicle with over 5-10 miles... it's not new at that point.

Oh, also I read that if your SVT was one that the SVT team tested for random quality that they send that information with the vehicle so the consumer knows why there are more miles on it.
Whether or not it's being jerks or not, I for one am glad that my SVT dealer doesn't really allow test drives unless you are a serious buyer. (They did allow me to drive a couple miles with a salesperson in the car after deal was being worked on). 400hp car, normal person just browsing test drives... what is normal tendancy going to be? Of course, floor it. So I am happy that no-one has messed with my car except ME.

Lawman

Established Member
The dealership that I purchased my Cobra from located a Min. Grey Cobra in Mississippi. They located it on a Sat. and told me that it will be in that Mon. The idiots picked up the car that Sun. night, and the a-holes drove the car in, instead of putting it on a transport. I was so pissed when I saw 250 miles on the odometer. They gave me a 1K break on the price, and when I read my contract, they documented that the vehicle had 3.7 miles on the odometer when they picked it up. I made them draw up another contract documenting 250 miles at delivery. I can't believe that they thought that I wouldn't look at the odometer reading.:mj:

oldmodman

Established Member
4.3 miles. Told dealer to leave wrapper on seats and don't wash or detail car. Spent about an hour going over everthing that had been talked about on the forum before signing the paperwork.

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
Mine had 18.4. I had the sticker from SVT and a laminated plastic card was in the dash telling me that the vehicle was tested by the QA team at SVT. Have fun! These things have so much power it is insane!

CaptK2003

Established Member
Mine had 70 miles on it and I wish that I did something about it before I drove away. Get yourself a discount because anything over 30-40 miles is USED.

99cobraclone

Established Member
Originally posted by CaptK2003
Mine had 70 miles on it and I wish that I did something about it before I drove away. Get yourself a discount because anything over 30-40 miles is USED.

thanks man I will use all of these anwsers as my backup.

Thanks Guys!

J15BIG

Established Member
Mine had 80 something but I got about 5k off so I wasnt complaining.

99cobraclone

Established Member
Originally posted by J15BIG
Mine had 80 something but I got about 5k off so I wasnt complaining.

haha good work! I just put $100 down on a car like 100 miles away. They put a sold sign on it for me until I get there, this dealership doesn't allow test drives.

Users who are viewing this thread