How many miles on your 2011+

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
My goal is under a thousand miles a month on this baby.....
Owned it for 14.5 months and I got 11k on it!! (Purchase date: Sep 24th '11)

(So "GOAL MET" haha)

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Rolled off the lot on October 27th of this year and drove it from Atlanta to Orlando. It has 1,049 on the odometer right now. Odometer read 570ish when I got it home. I don't get to drive much with my work schedule changing every 28 days lol

That averages to 22.31 miles a day with the trip and 10.64 a day after I got it home.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Is anyone else curious as to the longevity of these engines?

I mean there's still plenty of pushrod 5.0's with 250k on them rolling around town. I wonder how these will last.

5150Mustang

302 Fanatic
Established Member
Man whats point of having a car if you don't drive it? Bought mine around xmas of 2010 and almost at 42k.

thats what I am talking about. . .40k plus CLUB,

owned My 11 since August of of 10, 41,458 on it. . .Drive it everywhere except rain snow ect.

Drive to the track run a 6.92 1/8th mile and than drive to the grocery store lol

Love this car its the best thing I own besides my pre-nup

5150Mustang

302 Fanatic
Established Member
Is anyone else curious as to the longevity of these engines?

I mean there's still plenty of pushrod 5.0's with 250k on them rolling around town. I wonder how these will last.

good question. . .I wonder what punishment tests Ford did on these in R&D. . . .

I guess we would have to see what the major flaw in these motors are, If you change oil regularly and don't abuse the ever living crap out of it what part is going to give up first

Any idea on how long the timing chain set up would last on these cars ? In my opinion that would be subject to failure before anything else as far as high mileage goes.

Lethal302

Roar
Established Member
Whats with all the sad faces with the higher mileage? You should be happy you've been able to drive it that much! When you sell it down the road, a 5.0 with 100k miles will not sell for much less than one with 75k miles.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I drive mine every day, rain or shine. I put 33k miles on it in a year. Still, I can't complain. A set of tires and a set of rear brakes is all I have had to do, aside from regular oil changes. I guess a linelock would save the rear brakes some.....

Mike

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
March 2012 bought it new. Now has 10,850 miles on it. I got a new daily driver in October. I'm excited to now really start modding it as a toy, just got to get through xmas for the kids/wife. I was scared to do anything serious while daily driving it, now I can let it all hang out! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread