How Many Miles do you AVG. Per Year?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I dd mine, so I'm thinking about 1k per month. But I have a spreadsheet on my home pc of all my gas mileage and maintenance so I'll check

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I dd mine, so I'm thinking about 1k per month. But I have a spreadsheet on my home pc of all my gas mileage and maintenance so I'll check

Think I may drive mine to work tomorrow. I envy your weather. But not Cali laws lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
When I was younger I drove it at every opportunity when the weather was good and garaged it otherwise, to and from work, to the store, to the movies, dinner, even on long trips like up to Niagra Falls, ect... Now I drive it only when the weather is really good and I have the time. I only joy ride now...

These days I probably drive 500 miles a year at most. Back when she was a young lady, she would get 7-8k in a year. I dont regret any miles and I will drive her more if I have the opportunity.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
My "toy" cars (I've only got one now) probably average around 1,000 miles per year, strictly driven on nice days only, otherwise garaged. Each vehicle is usually driven more in the first year of ownership, and then mileage drops off every year after that. I LOVE low-mileage cars, so I always try to keep mine that way.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Honestly my biggest hold up to driving it more is that with our small drive way my wife parks directly in front of the garage. So in order for me to drive it I have to move her car. Not a big deal if I'm not in a hurry. But usually in the mornings before work it's not something I feel like dealing with. If she has to work early I'll take the Cobra though.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Honestly my biggest hold up to driving it more is that with our small drive way my wife parks directly in front of the garage. So in order for me to drive it I have to move her car. Not a big deal if I'm not in a hurry. But usually in the mornings before work it's not something I feel like dealing with. If she has to work early I'll take the Cobra though.

I hear you Bob. I have a 2 car port behind my house that has a gate. My Roush and Vert sit back there under a car cover and hooked up to battery tenders. So, I have to go uncover them, open the gate, move my wife's truck and then put my DD in it's place. Needless to say it's not a 5 minuet job. So, they come out occasionally. My coupe is in the garage and can some out whenever I'm ready to drive it.

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
Cobra- maybe 2k a year now. Between when I bought it new and 2011 i put about 75k miles on it. Now have about 114k

I try to not think about the millage too much and tell my self some day i will be dead anyhow so what will it matter.

Growing up I used to ask my dad about putting miles on his cars, and if it bothered him (he always had non mainstream vehicles), and he always would say to me. "It was built for a reason and that reason was to to be driven." Or if we took the boat out and gas on the lake was 5 bucks a gallon and I would ask "Dad how can you pay that" and he would tell me things like "Its worth the headache of not taking the boat trailer through the gas station as I want to enjoy my boat and not hate the BS of owning it".

So i guess I picked that up from him now. I also love working on the Cobra and feel anything on the car can be rebuilt if it brakes soooo why not drive it if i want to? i always get a bit excited when I have a new project to do with the car.

Living in Seattle it Limits the non rainy days I have, but I try to drive it when I can.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Bought my current Mystichrome vert a year ago. I just took it in for inspection yesterday and noted the mileage. It has 4485. I put 200 miles on it in the last year. It has averaged 300 miles per year since new. It still looks like it just rolled off the factory floor.

A fun side story... the inspection tech saw my “SKYNET” license plate and immediately got the reference. When I was leaving, I said: “See ya later.” He said: “You should have said I’ll be back!” I got a good laugh out of that one.

8703-EB8-A-5218-4-EEE-8-E09-3-A86-C9-EB4360.jpg

3-A4-DADDF-8261-4766-BC5-A-86-C19135-E6-F4.jpg

Comp04svt

Established Member
I purchased mine in 2009 with 29k miles. So 9 years later she has 43k miles. So roughly 14k miles in 9 years. Average of 1,400 miles a year, although most of the time I only do 1,000 or less. Like this year I only have 680 miles on it, and some of those miles were from when I bought it and drove it from Cinci, OH to home here in MI. I used to drive it more and cruise and that stuff, now family life has come and I drive it less.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I hear you Bob. I have a 2 car port behind my house that has a gate. My Roush and Vert sit back there under a car cover and hooked up to battery tenders. So, I have to go uncover them, open the gate, move my wife's truck and then put my DD in it's place. Needless to say it's not a 5 minuet job. So, they come out occasionally. My coupe is in the garage and can some out whenever I'm ready to drive it.

One of my conditions of our next house is that we can part her car and the Cobra in the garage and I can get either out without having to move vehicles. Yes, we won't be staying in the same area.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I purchased mine in 2009 with 29k miles. So 9 years later she has 43k miles. So roughly 14k miles in 9 years. Average of 1,400 miles a year, although most of the time I only do 1,000 or less. Like this year I only have 680 miles on it, and some of those miles were from when I bought it and drove it from Cinci, OH to home here in MI. I used to drive it more and cruise and that stuff, now family life has come and I drive it less.

The family fitting in it does make a difference too. The last time I had both of my kids in the car at the same time my daughter's head hit the back window. That was the last time that happened.

But a cool thing is if I'm going somewhere with one of them and decide to take the Cobra they'll get excited to be riding in it. I started teaching my son how to drive a clutch in it.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
One of my conditions of our next house is that we can part her car and the Cobra in the garage and I can get either out without having to move vehicles. Yes, we won't be staying in the same area.

I wish one of my conditions was getting a house with a 4 car garage so I could park all my Mustangs inside. But, that's not happening LMAO!!!

So, you're moving closer to the beach?????

01yellercobra

Established Member
I wish one of my conditions was getting a house with a 4 car garage so I could park all my Mustangs inside. But, that's not happening LMAO!!!

So, you're moving closer to the beach?????

Lol. If I had won the Lottery the other night I would. Already had a house picked out and everything. We'll probably move north. Up to Escondido or around that area. If we decide to stay in Cali that is.

M240Bravo

Established Member
Bought in 05 with 3700 miles and I got about 13000 on it now. Haven't touched the car in about 5 years, I really do need to drive it here and there.

Comp04svt

Established Member
The family fitting in it does make a difference too. The last time I had both of my kids in the car at the same time my daughter's head hit the back window. That was the last time that happened.

But a cool thing is if I'm going somewhere with one of them and decide to take the Cobra they'll get excited to be riding in it. I started teaching my son how to drive a clutch in it.

Lol it's definitely fun though. My boy is 2 now and every time we go anywhere he starts going "Mustang Mustang", hahaha. The first year I really didn't drive it much as his rear facing seat would of had to be transferred from my truck every time I drove it. So I had to buy a front facing just for the mustang and wait until he was big enough to be safe in it. I drop him off at day care every morning, so I didn't drive it much the first year lol.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member

yup I was right - I've averaged just over 12 thousand miles of Terminator driving per year, over the last 14 years

Think I may drive mine to work tomorrow. I envy your weather. But not Cali laws lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah man i heard that, it's crazy out here

Users who are viewing this thread