How many go fast parts have we missed?

jtfx6552

Established Member
Looks like posts get removed here pretty quick when they are about parts that come from "other" places.

I wonder how many I've missed?

JT

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by Terminator03
i cant believe this ive never had a problem posting anything else.

Jesus, I just asked him what the parts were. Since when can you not even tell WFT YOU HAVE ON YOUR CAR! This is kinda F'd up, IMO.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by CWCobra
Kinda reminds me of the "Soup Nazi" on Seinfeld. Ever see that episode? LOL

CW

No sou fo you.

The threads should be moved back. The moderator moves these threads that he thinks could be blatant advertising until I can see it. Sometimes it takes longer than others, I have been very busy lately. :cryying:

jtfx6552, why would we boot you? :eek:

:beer:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Re: Re: How many go fast parts have we missed?

Please remember that JDM and SFPH basically pay for this site. You should be thanking them for making this forum available.

Cut Steve some slack, guys. We're all on a learning curve, and you've gotta give at least some time for review.

I don't think bashing the best 2003 Cobra site (by far) on the internet for a few delayed pictures and information is called for...

Hammer

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: How many go fast parts have we missed?

Originally posted by Blue03Cobra
You should be thanking them for making this forum available.

Thanks, JDM. Thanks, SFPH.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: How many go fast parts have we missed?

Originally posted by Hammer

WHOOAH! Just goofin. Just jokes. Just smack talk as usual.
No problem, we just spend way too much voluntary time, if you know what I mean :thumbsup:
*other comments edited per user request :-D

Hammer

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How many go fast parts have we missed?

No problem, we just spend way too much voluntary time, if you know what I mean :thumbsup:

Yeah, all joking aside, I completely understand where you are coming from.

Those vendors pay for the site to be up and it's not fair for others to get free advertising. A BBS site has to support it's contributions to stay in business. Otherwise no other sponsors will come onboard.

And it's definately not fair to those vendors that pay good money to support a site if others get free sales on their products.

JT: If you think about it and put yourself in their shoes, I am sure you can understand their point.

It would be nice to know what other "go fast" parts are out there but if they have such hot products, whey should sponsor this site like JDM and South Florida do.

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: How many go fast parts have we missed?

Please remember that JDM and SFPH basically pay for this site. You should be thanking them for making this forum available.

Cut Steve some slack, guys. We're all on a learning curve, and you've gotta give at least some time for review.

I don't think bashing the best 2003 Cobra site (by far) on the internet for a few delayed pictures and information is called for...

I have to agree with you, this forum has taught me many things I didn't know.
You have to remember and I think I speak for the group in saying we are all in a trance here starving for as much information as possible including new product. Just a thought, why not charge a monthly premium for those companies that would like to introduce there products? Of course this would have to be well thought out and scrutinized. I would not want to see commercial type ads, but a forum in which we could find out about and are directed to a website for more info. You don't have to worry I'm sold that this is the PLACE for MUSTANG :rolling:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How many go fast parts have we missed?

Those vendors pay for the site to be up and it's not fair for others to get free advertising. A BBS site has to support it's contributions to stay in business. Otherwise no other sponsors will come onboard.

And it's definately not fair to those vendors that pay good money to support a site if others get free sales on their products.

JT: If you think about it and put yourself in their shoes, I am sure you can understand their point.

It would be nice to know what other "go fast" parts are out there but if they have such hot products, whey should sponsor this site like JDM and South Florida do.

THANKS!! :beer:

jtfx6552

Established Member
Hey, I am not, and was not bashing this site.

However, a lot of people who mod their cars puts stickers that proclaim what is on the car. I wrote this post today, when in the space of 15 minutes two different posts with pictures were removed that referred to parts fom a non supporting vendor.

I didn't see why this was neccessary. The rules as I inderstood them prevented a VENDOR from advertising their product.

The removed post consisted of some pictures of some parts that, according to the owner of the car, not the manufacturer, added HP.

I thought the purpose of this forum was to share information about what works and what doesn't.

Now if there is a new moderator being cautious, that's fine. I see the original post is now back.

I guess that means upon further review of the moderators, that the post need not have been removed in the first place.

Which means, why are people giving out crap in this thread to people who pointed out what appeared to be a policy change that wasn't?

BTW, As far as support goes, I have actually purchased from one of the supporting vendors.

JT

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How many go fast parts have we missed?

Honestly, I would rather pay a small monetary monthly fee and do away with the censorship, except when people get out of hand or are blatantly advertising or spamming. I agree that competitors to JDM or SFP should not come on the site and just post I sell stuff go here and buy with a URL. But, when you have legitimate parts like the infamous 3" exhaust by somebody who will remain nameless for censorship reasons our inability to openly discuss it degrades the openness or value of the forum. Does JDM of SFP sell a 3” exhaust for the 03 Cobra, no so what does that mean we should stick with discussions on 2.5” exhaust because that is what they sell. I am also afraid that if somebody comes and says that some part JDM or SFP sells is total crap because of x,y, and z that is going to be censored thereby keeping us unaware that there is an issue with that part.

In my opinion JDM and SFP should as a best practices sell best of breed parts so if we discuss something that they don’t carry it would be a good business venture to either carry it or give reasons why it is not a good solution.

Btw, if anybody is going to be banned it will probably be me first.

Remember opinions are like a$holes everybody has one.:beer:

Last edited:

jtfx6552

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How many go fast parts have we missed?

Originally posted by toofast4u

Honestly, I would rather pay a small monetary monthly fee and do away with the censorship, except when people get out of hand or are blatantly advertising or spamming. I agree that competitors to JDM or SFP should not come on the site and just post I sell stuff go here and buy with a URL. But, when you have legitimate parts like the infamous 3" exhaust by somebody who will remain nameless for censorship reasons are inability to openly discuss it degrades the openness or value of the forum. Does JDM of SFP sell a 3” exhaust for the 03 Cobra, no so what does that mean we should stick with discussions on 2.5” exhaust because that is what they sell. I am also afraid that if somebody comes and says that some part JDM or SFP sells is total crap because of x,y, and z that is going to be censored thereby keeping us unaware that there is an issue with that part.

In my opinion JDM and SFP should as a best practices sell best of breed parts so if we discuss something that they don’t carry it would be a good business venture to either carry it or give reasons why it is not a good solution.

Btw, if anybody is going to be banned it will probably be me first.

Remember opinions are like a$holes everybody has one.:beer:

well said

JT

i8u

Established Member
I would have no problem purchasing products from the vendors that support this site if they would match or beat a competitors price if we provide proof. Is that a bad idea?
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread