How Many 1993 Cobras Still Exist?

Only running cars and cars that still have a VIN maybe waiting restoration or update.

• 0-1000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1001-2000

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • 2001-3000

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • 3001-4000

Votes: 27 47.4%
  • 4001-5000

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

svtdriven

Established Member
what does an unrestored shelby sell for these days? like most cars, there will be aq peak and a drop. look what happened to the cars of the 40's and 50's, people couldn't snatch them up fast enough. now they sell for an average price. I think the same will happen with the muscle car craze. it'll cool off at some point.

If I could afford it, I'd have a low mileage collector car and a modded driver, but since I could only afford one or the other, I went for a driver. who cares what its worth to someone else later, I am having a lot of fun with it now.

I couldn't guess how many there are left. I think it is amazing that with as many fox body mustangs were built from 79-93, I don't see more of them on the road than I do. And a lot of what I do see are on their last legs.

martyo

Established Member
A lot of these cars were wrecked early on. Folks buy 'em, think they are race car drivers and then stuff them into the nearest poll.

I say 2,000 to 3,000 remain,

asusmilinbob

Established Member
i know of one totalled near me...with 5k miles on it. I'd say there are no more than 4k of them left. But there are a lot of 93 cobra collectors out there who have multiples stored...multiples meaning 5 to 10...sometimes more. I personally know a fella with around 10 of them...maybe more now.

svt2205

Established Member
Don't forget to supply any VIN for any totaled 93 Cobra with Bob Lyons of SCOA. Remember he's the originator of tracking 93 Cobra's.....

hotrodcobra

Established Member
I glad you guys think the most common and least valuable car that I own is rare. I bought mine new and don't consider it the least bit rare, 4993 cars are a lot. It ain't stock, but it is immaculate, has been featured in magazines and has something like 23000 miles. I have no problem that it will never be stock again, because personally it was VERY slow and boring to drive until the selling dealership installed a blower 3 weeks later and warrantied it. Vortech told me it was the first 93 Cobra to be supercharged as far as they knew. At the time they were still trying to aquire one to make a kit. You guys should love the folks like me that modify our Cobras and I honestly hope it makes the stock ones worth a fortune :beer: . I could absolutely care less what mine is worth because it isn't gonna sit in a garage and it ain't gonna be sold. Besides my 70 440 6-pack shaker Cuda (1 of 1700+) and my 71 383 Cuda convertible (1 of 78) might be a little harder to replace. :poke: ;-)

CO9B3RA

Established Member
:idea:

It seems it's to each his own as my :bowdown: 1 in 4993 Teal '93 :thumbsup:
means just as much if not more to me as any 1 in 1700 and, yes, even a
1 in 78 does to others!:D........especially when I can af-ford it!!!!
:coolman:

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
1 of 185 seems pretty rare to me, with no sunroof and no rear defrost to deal with either.

The Cuda's are nice though, seems like you like them better to me.

asusmilinbob

Established Member
cobra's...

When I can get in touch w/ the owner i'll shoot the vin info over to 93.com and scoa. the owner has had health problems and is quite difficult to contact right now. anyone know the # of 93s registered w/ 93cobra.com and the scoa?

hotrodcobra

Established Member
514SCJ said:
23000 miles on a 93 sounds like a garage queen to Me.

Most of it was done 1/4 mile at a time or being driven to the track and/or shows, if that is a garage queen, so be it. It was never a daily driver.

hotrodcobra

Established Member
BADBOYSPACK said:
1 of 185 seems pretty rare to me, with no sunroof and no rear defrost to deal with either.

The Cuda's are nice though, seems like you like them better to me.

I think some of you may have missed my point, I love my 93 Cobra, always have always will, I can promise you that none of you care more for your Cobra than I do mine. I just don't think it is rare. If you really want to break done rarity on my Cudas, we can do that too, the convertible is 1 of 33 pistol grip 4 speeds, 1 of 14 rallye red ones, 1 of 3 that color with the factory billboard stripes. But, you know what I don't care about that either, I love the cars for what they are, not how rare they are. Granted, due to the unbelievably inflated current value of my Cudas, they are treated differently. My Cobra is faster, more comfortable, gets much better fuel mileage, etc. etc. but it will never have the charisma of a big block Cuda. That doesn't make me think any less of it though. :beer:

PJM99

Established Member
I don't care much about the value. I don't do too many miles a year on it. Manily because of the price of gas and insurance. I'm glad knowing that it will hold its value in case something comes up and it has to go but I don't forsee anything like that happening. As far as everyone that is worried about mods or miles, a lot of the classic cars today have been restored from the ground up. Everything has been replaced repainted and rebuilt. Not everything is original but looks and feels like it is. The cars that are worth big money aren't only the ones with low low production numbers. Cars that are popular and everyone wants sell for good money even if there are a good amount of them left.

hotrodcobra

Established Member
PJM99 said:
I don't care much about the value. I don't do too many miles a year on it. Manily because of the price of gas and insurance. I'm glad knowing that it will hold its value in case something comes up and it has to go but I don't forsee anything like that happening. As far as everyone that is worried about mods or miles, a lot of the classic cars today have been restored from the ground up. Everything has been replaced repainted and rebuilt. Not everything is original but looks and feels like it is. The cars that are worth big money aren't only the ones with low low production numbers. Cars that are popular and everyone wants sell for good money even if there are a good amount of them left.

Well said and absolutely true. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread