How low is your exhaust W/Turbo setup

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
Looking for pics of how low exhaust hangs on turbo setups. It can be twin or single. I know that Hellion hangs really low with their kits. I just kinda looking for a something to work off of. So please post some pics if you can.

Thanks to all.

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Mine is about is low as the "chin" spoiler on our bumpers. I go over speed bumps now the same as I used to with the eaton (pretty much at about 15-20 mph). i also have the charge pipe off the turbo about the same elevation and I have had no issues so far. Been about two months now. The heat wrap on my down pipe has rubbed on big speed humps but it is not that bad.

Last edited:

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
Mine is about is low as the "chin" spoiler on our bumpers. I go over speed bumps now the same as I used to with the eaton (pretty much at about 15-20 mph). i also have the charge pipe off the turbo about the same elevation and I have had no issues so far. Been about two months now. The heat wrap on my down pipe has rubbed on big speed humps but it is not that bad.

You have a custom turbo setup right? Any pics at all? I would love to see.

Alb Cobra

Established Member
i can get ssome with the car on the ground but i am at work right now. it is pretty low and at first i was concerned. shoot me a pm with your email add. and i can send it from my phone.

TRBO VNM

hellion seems low, but really isn't that bad at all. just because it goes under the K, doesn't mean it is all lower. if you put a car on the lift, you will see that it really doesn't hang much lower than the catback.

juiced46 took some pics of his. his car is pretty low and he doesn't have issues. keep in mind, the aftermarket K sits higher than stock and the hellion piping goes next to the rack mounts, which allows it to tuck up some and not directly under the K.

try searching for juiced46's post. I can take some pics of mine when I get it done.

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
i can get ssome with the car on the ground but i am at work right now. it is pretty low and at first i was concerned. shoot me a pm with your email add. and i can send it from my phone.

Will do. Thanks.

hellion seems low, but really isn't that bad at all. just because it goes under the K, doesn't mean it is all lower. if you put a car on the lift, you will see that it really doesn't hang much lower than the catback.

juiced46 took some pics of his. his car is pretty low and he doesn't have issues. keep in mind, the aftermarket K sits higher than stock and the hellion piping goes next to the rack mounts, which allows it to tuck up some and not directly under the K.

try searching for juiced46's post. I can take some pics of mine when I get it done.

I got my custom setup routed like Hellion's. I have not seen it on the ground yet so I don't know how low it will hang. Looking forward to seeing your pics.
Thanks.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Here are a few pics of mine. Mine isnt low at all and I can actually tuck the piping up higher if I wanted to. No bottoming out issues. Like TRBO VNM said, the K sits differently so it may seem the piping hangs lower, but when its on the ground its not.

rear.JPG

frontclose.JPG

and this is how the car sits.

side2.JPG

Alb Cobra

Established Member
You have a custom turbo setup right? Any pics at all? I would love to see.

My down pipe is just under 4" clr from the ground with the two layers of heat wrap it is a little lower. I don't seem to be having any problems so far. It was a challenge to oval the 4" down pipe with limited tools.

06111907.jpg

Last edited:

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
I have a custom Single turbo set up and it has a 3" DP that Y's off to dual 2.5's that go under the K-member. I built the system to fit very tight and I have plenty of clearance. I went with dual 2.5's under the K instead of a single 3" because first of all they are smaller pipes and would give me more room for ground clearance, 2nd it would flow better and give me more upper end hp. Here is a link to another site I have some pics posted on.

[ame="http://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=391775"]Turbo Mach1 Smokey's Done!!! - DFWstangs Forums[/ame]

Last edited:

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
I have a custom Single turbo set up and it has a 3" DP that Y's off to dual 2.5's that go under the K-member. I built the system to fit very tight and I have plenty of clearance. I went with dual 2.5's under the K instead of a single 3" because first of all they are smaller pipes and would give me more room for ground clearance, 2nd it would flow better and give me more upper end hp. Here is a link to another site I have some pics posted on.

Turbo Mach1 Smokey's Done!!! - DFWstangs Forums

That's how I ran mine too. After seeing yours I feel much better. Here's what mine looked like before I got it all welded up.

HPIM1298.jpg

Please keep the pics coming. Thanks

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
I don't know any other way of posting pics. Is it just photobucket that does not work for you?

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
My down pipe is just under 4" clr from the ground with the two layers of heat wrap it is a little lower. I don't seem to be having any problems so far. It was a challenge to oval the 4" down pipe with limited tools.

06111907.jpg

Thanks for sending the pics. Yours is really low. That's one huge DP. Looks great. How much HP did you make with that setup?

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Thanks for the pic, it looks good. Mine tucks up a little tighter up front cause we angled it to make sure it was out of the way. Yours looks good.

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Thanks for sending the pics. Yours is really low. That's one huge DP. Looks great. How much HP did you make with that setup?

Yeah it sits low but there is not much more we could have done. If it becomes a problem which I don't think it will we can always beat on it some more.

Tyring to sell my extra 01 cobra upper and lower so I don't have to use my savings to dyno the car. Maybe having some issue with my turbo seals but that won't stop me from putting the car on the dyno once I get the extra money. The sooner it sells the sooner I will have numbers.

I am thinking some where in the range of 600-700 on 16 lbs. I know broad but at my elevation I will make about 100+ less than the corrected hp number. All I know is it does not stop pulling me back in the seat til I shift.

16 psi is the max my tuner will comfortably recomend on 91 octane. That is about what I make with the boost controler turned down all the way (about 14 psi waste gate only).

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Here is mine with the Hellion twins. I also have a viper tranny, so it makes it sit lower that it would on a car with the cobra tranny. Not too bad for being under the K member.
DSC04876.jpg

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
Here is mine with the Hellion twins. I also have a viper tranny, so it makes it sit lower that it would on a car with the cobra tranny. Not too bad for being under the K member.
DSC04876.jpg

Wow I don't see anything hanging on yours. Looks great too.

Users who are viewing this thread